New from Dallas, TX

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strulock

Reaction score
Hi All,

My name is Scott and I live in Dallas, Texas. I enjoyed rocketry when I was a kid, and now my middle-school aged daughter is interested in rockets. Got her an Estes starter kit for Christmas, and we're getting ready for our first build together. We'll have to check out one of the monthly nearby DAR launches soon.

Welcome Scott,

As the rocket bug bites deeper and the virus courses thru your veins and you start to explore Texas Rocketry you will find there are some great clubs here.

Tripoli North Texas (In your area)
Tripoli Houston (Houston and the surrounding areas flies out of the Hearne Tx airport)
Austin Area Rocket Group (Austin and surrounding areas)

Plus there are several more HPR and LPR rocket groups scattered all around Texas.

All of the clubs have a mix of LPR, MPR, and HPR rocketry.

Cheers :welcome:

Thanks, Samb!

We got the Estes Tandem-X Launch Set (with Amazon and Crossfire ISX).

Yep, that’s a good one. Two great flyers. Hobby Lobby is the best place to get motors for those locally. The Amazon is actually slightly underpowered with a B6 and flys nicely on a C6-5. It’s big enough and heavy enough to be seen all the way. The Crossfire can “disappear” on a C6 so get some A8s and B6s for that puppy. When you get some practice tracking small fast moving objects in the sky and on the ground you can think about sending it on a “C” ya later motor. 🙂

That Initiator that @Wrightme43 posted is a great one when you’re ready for some composite propellant E,F,G fun.

Last edited:
Back