Suggestive Rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirk G

Reaction score
So, I sprayed the final coat over the Baby Bertha rocket.
My wife commented that it looked pretty phallic.
Now I wanna know who she was comparing it to!P1060470.jpg

...she's not the first. I remember "It's So Big!" a high power rocket. "Sink The Pink" and a few more even less PC and not for mixed viewing ;)

...she's not the first. I remember "It's So Big!" a high power rocket. "Sink The Pink" and a few more even less PC and not for mixed viewing ;)

lmao, was there really a rocket named "sink the pink" by a manufacturer? lol thats great.

OK, now you have me intrigued. Where do I find images of these classics?

Back in the early 90's I managed a hobby store.

These 2 Estes rockets would make all the little boys giggle.

estes cap.JPG

LOL!

Jerome :)

I was freehand turning a nose cone for a BT60 and it came out looking kinda like a mushroom cap. The resulting rocket I dubbed as "Big Jim and the Triplets" was to say the least in bad taste and not at all family friendly. I tried to soften the look by putting a smilely face on it and renaming it "Mr Happy" but that really wasn't any better. I finally repainted it gloss black and called it the "Vader". It was a nice flying rocket as I recall though it tended to weathercock.

Last edited:
I flew a rocket named Naked Fat Man, a Polecat 5.5" Fat Man dual deploy, seems no one wanted to see me to model for it before the launch.

R6120578-800-337x450.jpg

Trans-lunar insertion? Venus probe? They don't call it the Johnson Space Center for nothing. :rofl:

Flying_dick_rocket_977.jpg

Now I wanna know who she was comparing it to!View attachment 157479

Many years ago I took a girlfriend to fly a rocket. When I came back from recovering one, she was holding an Alpha in a particular position and said "Now I understand guys' obsessions with rockets."

The North Koreans have a rocket called the Taep'o-dong, which in English is roughly translated as "Type of Dong."
Yep... Their most sophisticated rocket is something they think of as some type of dong.
I think the Kim family is compensating for a shortcoming.

Last edited:
Now I wanna know who she was comparing it to!View attachment 157479

Many couples have a private name that they use when referring to the man's... Uh... Manhood.

You need to act fast and be sure your wife does not start referring to your junk as Baby Bertha.

Back