Still smoke free.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 MONTHS BABY!!!!!
:wave:

Went from 160lbs to just over 180lbs...not good. Im only 5-6 on a tall day and Ive always been on the lean/mean side...My weight average is/was 150-155 all me adult life.I dont like it and I feel like I weigh tons..Im closing in on 55 yrs of age,not the best time to be hauling an extra 20-25 lbs around.
Anywhoo- with all that said and done..Still better off not smoking.
In fact,Saturday,I took out the Triumph Im buying/bought with the money Ive saved and took a 40-45 mile ride. SWEET!...Middle Nov and still riding me bike.

Last edited:
I Plan on quitting before X-Mas, saving $10/pack X 4 a week will save lots of $$ for rockets!

congratulations to those who have quit.

I quit (a 1.5 pack per day habit for many years) for good when my wife was carrying our boy. That's been over 13 years ago.

it's different strokes for different folks, but the patch worked for me... I kept cutting the size down untill I was applying something the size of a hole-punch.

BTW, I just ran Marathon No. 2 on 11/10/2013 in 3:37 plus change averaging about 8 min 17 sec per mile of 26.2.

for those seeking to quit: good luck & stick to your plan, it gets eaiser with time

Went from 160lbs to just over 180lbs...not good. Im only 5-6 on a tall day and Ive always been on the lean/mean side...My weight average is/was 150-155 all me adult life.I dont like it and I feel like I weigh tons..Im closing in on 55 yrs of age,not the best time to be hauling an extra 20-25 lbs around.
I gained that much and more when I quit. So I got a treadmill and started doing 2 miles/day. Not running, just fast walking. I set it up next to the TV, and use that to entertain myself while I'm slogging it out. 10 years later, and I'm still doing it, and still slowly losing weight. And I got some wind back, too, even without running.

Kudos on 10 months! Keep up the good work!

Doug

I gained that much and more when I quit. So I got a treadmill and started doing 2 miles/day. Not running, just fast walking. I set it up next to the TV, and use that to entertain myself while I'm slogging it out. 10 years later, and I'm still doing it, and still slowly losing weight. And I got some wind back, too, even without running.

Kudos on 10 months! Keep up the good work!

Doug
Thanks to all. We (wife) has an old exercise bike thing in the garage. Maybe I should dust it off and climb on. I really need to do something. I dont have the wind now that I did back when I was smoking.The "wind" wasnt an issue anywhoo,I just wanted to quit.

I just quit, been 5 days and holding strong!!

I kinda had to, had a heart attack on Friday and Doc said quit or die, so I think after just going through what I went through and how sore I am still today, I am done!!

Great job Scotty, they really are worth getting rid of!!

I just quit, been 5 days and holding strong!!

I kinda had to, had a heart attack on Friday and Doc said quit or die, so I think after just going through what I went through and how sore I am still today, I am done!!

Great job Scotty, they really are worth getting rid of!!
First, glad to hear your still breathing after Friday.
Sweet that you quit.
Good Luck.
Thing is,and I know its easier to say than do,but,if ya just dont lite up,well then,you dont smoke.
No one makes any of us smoke.Its our choice. If some one quits and then starts again..ITS THIER CHOICE..no one else's fault but there own.

You quitters are all winners in my book. I get tired of looking at X-rays and CTs of burned out lungs!
Congrats!

11 MONTHS BABY!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
WAY TO GO SCOTTY!
Thanks !!!
Like with life, we can only do a day at a time,but...Ill sure feel good to make that 1st year.
There was a time I thought I would never see the day that I didnt smoke.
One reason I post every month is to brag a bit..(we need reward,sad but true).and to hopefully show others IT CAN BE DONE!!!!!!!!

And I really wanted a thread that lasted more than a year...:lol:

Last edited:
I'm right behind you Scotty...I quit on march 4th of this year.That was my 44th birthday and I just said fuq it.I'm Done with ciggs.25 years strait.I gave myself the best birthday present in the world.I feel So much better and I'm saving 7 bucks a day.Everyone have a Merry Christmas and Super New Year.

I'm right behind you Scotty...I quit on march 4th of this year.That was my 44th birthday and I just said fuq it.I'm Done with ciggs.25 years strait.I gave myself the best birthday present in the world.I feel So much better and I'm saving 7 bucks a day.Everyone have a Merry Christmas and Super New Year.
Well hell, good for you!!!!! Ill be doulble nickels March 31st. Yup, the money being saved.Well in my case,spent else-where..like that wicked coool Triumph I bought when I quick..yuk,yuk,yuk...:wink:

Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

Hang tough everybody.

My parents both smoked for 40+ years, and made constant 'minor' efforts to quit, but when they started having serious health problems in their 50s, the docs said "quit or die" and they quit cold turkey. Packed 'em up and threw 'em out.

The doctors said it probably bought them both an extra 10 years of life. So hang tough, it CAN be done, and it IS worth it.

3-days and counting, no patches just cold turkey. Wait,maybe I'm the turkey at least that's what the wife tells me.

Having quit a long, long time ago, 2003, I can tell you that it only gets easier with time, until you get to the point where you can't even immagine why you smoked in the first place.
Now I can't stand to be around Cigarrette Smoke because to me it smells absolutely disgusting like B.O.
Keep up the effort, it is well worth it.

2 more weeks and I hit a year.
Now heres the thing...to my wicked surprise,my trip to AZ almost broke me.!!!!!!!!! :y:
I had the worst cravings while in the airports.
Got delayed 1 1/2 hr rite out of the gate in Manchester NH.
So,Im walking around killing time and I walk by the "Smoking" lounge (clear Plex-i glass cube room with some chairs)that Ive had many smokes in in the past,and it's still smoking!!!!!!!!
What better way to KILL time.
OHHHH I cant lie, I wanted to slide in and spark one up,...instead....., I just stared at the man in the box and drifted off in a dream.
They informed me I wouldnt make my Philly connect at 1:10 pm and next flight out to AZ was 6pm. :facepalm:
I end up getting into Philly around 2:15. Now I gots to hang around for 4 more hours!!!!!!!???????????!
Well, I took matters into me own and found a 3:35 flight to AZ. Went to the gate and got the NICE GIRLS to hook me up with a ride out of town. :grin:

This was my 3rd trip out to AZ in the last 2 years and 5th in and around 7-8yrs?..
I think it was the "habbit" part that was the killer.
It used to be a mission/challenge to find a spot to lite up without getting drawn on,cuffed and stuffed. :dark:
Anywhoo- I made it without sparking up and so can you.

The trip back wasnt so bad.

Last edited:
Let me be the first to tell you...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:
Now that is a major milestone! Welcome to a much healthier life.

Dennis

1 year? That's it?? :tongue: What till you find out you'll still get cravings after 10 years.

Last edited:
How about that.........
1 YEAR BABY!!!!! :wave:

Congrats. The wife are 3 days from 7 months. Your posts remind me every time. We used e-cigs to get off chew and cigs. I hardly use the e-cig any more, but she loves hers. Her health has improved a ton and my lip is smooth.

Congrats again

1 year? That's it?? :tongue: What till you find out you'll still cravings after 10 years.

Wow what a stick in the mud. I quit 17 years ago next month. Cannot remember when I had my,last urge. Must have been in that first year!

Latest posts

Back