BBQ Pit Smoked, Low and Slow Roasted

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I was looking for a good brisket recipe......

Trim a packer, or don't. I trim mine a little.

Sprinkle with a generous amount of salt and pepper.

Place in your smoker and keep around 225-250. I use Cherry wood because we have plenty of it. Now you just wait until it is done.

One can make a variety of rubs. Worry about wrapping, dealing with the stall, injecting or otherwise making a big fuss - but you don't have to.

I smoked my first brisket in June, right about when I started this thread. There’s a local market with a really good meat counter that will do special orders and custom cuts. They got me a brisket flat, and honestly, it was trimmed too much and thinner than I wanted. So that was a disappointment. Flavor was very good, but the texture was not exactly what I wanted. All in all, I was happy with the first try, but we really only ate about a quarter of it as sliced brisket. The rest got chopped up into BBQ beans over the summer, which was great. Next time, I’m doing it differently.

I love me some smoked brisket. We don't do it often due to the expense mostly but also because of the large effort required. It sure is good though. Chuck roast is another option and just as tasty.
We'll be smoking a pork roast later today. Just took it out to acclimate to room temp and came across this thread. It will receive a sensual massage with SPG and the general consensus seems to be Alder chips. Currently, the discussion is about sliced or pulled.

Back