Still smoke free.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

One day at a time ! You`ll find the cravings get less intense with time ,and they when they come ,just wait a minute or two and they go away ,just need to leanrn not to dwell on it too long.

Been smoke free 10 years and I will NEVER EVER EVER go back to that crap !!

You can do it if you want to.

Paul T

Well done scotty. Its hard to quit and you are to be congratulated. Its been ten years since i quite smoking 25 years since i quite drinking and i dont gamble. I am also happily married. In short I am the most boring person alive lol. Seriously scotty just keep your hands busy with hobbies or whatever and the time passes belive me:)

Way to go you've got it wooped now! Just don't light the first one and your home free. 17yr ex smoker.

Dennis

Well done scotty. Its hard to quit and you are to be congratulated. Its been ten years since i quite smoking 25 years since i quite drinking and i dont gamble. I am also happily married. In short I am the most boring person alive lol. Seriously scotty just keep your hands busy with hobbies or whatever and the time passes belive me:)
Coming up on 18 yeears sober...I with you..Socialy Im a very boring man now a days. To think, I used to be the "Remember that crazy guy lastnight at the bar" type. I stay back in the shadows now and watch all the other crazies out there.

Today I give up on my tobacco addiction, chew. I have been chewing off and on for 25 years. I have a really cool neighbor who started off on e-cigs a couple months back. He used the Blu kit for a bit and had problems with it. E-cigs have come a long way though. An e-cig shop opened up in our town and they have been completely overwhelmed and are ready to open a 2nd store. They even took down their website because they could not keep up with demand. The line for juice goes out the door.

Does anyone here use e-cigs? The tech behind it is darn fun to play with. I have skipped the whole make it look like a cig to vaping off a sonic screwdriver looking thing. I have some more batteries and heads on the way. The wife smokes cigs and is interested. You can get all these crazy flavors and so many cool tech to vape.

It is really strange for me since I was not a smoker, but a chewer, so vaping is a whole new thing. It has worked insanely well though. It is fun to make smoke rings and get the nicotine I need without a dip. Right now I am enjoying Dragon Fruit vape at the 20 level of nicotine, but my new juices on order are 18 nicotine and I plan on going all the way down to no nicotine in two months and then quitting it all together.

So today is my last dippin day and I have only had a few, which is insane progress. I was asked how often I would chew during the day and the answer was "when awake". I will keep a can around for tough times, but vaping has helped immensely and I think it is my ticket out of a stupid addiction.

Today I give up on my tobacco addiction, chew. I have been chewing off and on for 25 years. I have a really cool neighbor who started off on e-cigs a couple months back. He used the Blu kit for a bit and had problems with it. E-cigs have come a long way though. An e-cig shop opened up in our town and they have been completely overwhelmed and are ready to open a 2nd store. They even took down their website because they could not keep up with demand. The line for juice goes out the door.

Does anyone here use e-cigs? The tech behind it is darn fun to play with. I have skipped the whole make it look like a cig to vaping off a sonic screwdriver looking thing. I have some more batteries and heads on the way. The wife smokes cigs and is interested. You can get all these crazy flavors and so many cool tech to vape.

It is really strange for me since I was not a smoker, but a chewer, so vaping is a whole new thing. It has worked insanely well though. It is fun to make smoke rings and get the nicotine I need without a dip. Right now I am enjoying Dragon Fruit vape at the 20 level of nicotine, but my new juices on order are 18 nicotine and I plan on going all the way down to no nicotine in two months and then quitting it all together.

So today is my last dippin day and I have only had a few, which is insane progress. I was asked how often I would chew during the day and the answer was "when awake". I will keep a can around for tough times, but vaping has helped immensely and I think it is my ticket out of a stupid addiction.

Good luck!

There's two things - the addiction and the habit, you need to break both.

Shoot me an email & let me know how you're going. If you can, try and get the wife onboard now too.

Krusty

Good luck to you. I quit the cig's a couple months ago, and burned my last cohiba at the weekly neighborhood gathering last night - done.

Good luck to you. I quit the cig's a couple months ago, and burned my last cohiba at the weekly neighborhood gathering last night - done.

Congrats

I am totally changing one habit for another, but it has been great. By vaping I actually get a buzz off the vape and it completely kills my cravings for chew. My lip is back to smooth instead of wrinkled like a finger in the bathtub. Still healthier, but I do not want to keep doing it. I want to be over nicotine in 2 months.

Thanks for the well wishes

I tried cigars once. You know, no one ever told me that you didn't inhale the smoke :y: yeah.. I did nothing but :puke: :puke: :puke: for hours after that. It wasn't pretty :( needless to say that I didn't keep smoking 'em!

It took me more than a year to give up smokes in the end, but it's worth it :)

Krusty

As of last week I was going through three cans of cope longcut every two days. Nobody could really tell I was chewing because I always had a minimal dip in and it was my normal. I do not spit, but swallow. So the level of nicotine I was going on daily was insane since one can equals miltiple packs of cigs. They started me off on the 20 of nic because of it. It is totally working though. I could of quit a few days ago with the vape help, but I see it as a send off party for my habit. I will not be missing it much. It is a really gross habit. Going down in nic levels will be cool and then I will be done. Vaping is fun, but I still feel it is a dumb addiction. Sure exhaling clouds of sweet vapor is cool, but I do not want to keep doing it.

Is chewing tobacco expensive?

I was smoking a pack a day when I gave up - Something like $14/day = $5,000 a year!!

Now I spend that on rockets... I'm still broke, but I'm having more fun! LOL

Krusty

About $4.50 a can around these parts.

If I keep vaping for a couple months it will be near $15 a week. Not bad considering how many cans I was going though.

About $4.50 a can around these parts.

If I keep vaping for a couple months it will be near $15 a week. Not bad considering how many cans I was going though.

$4.50 / can and you said 3 cans every 2 days, that's $2500 / year!

e-cig $15/week = $780 year - big difference!!

Imagine how much propellant you can buy with the $1700 saving :)

Have you thought about using this -

BigLeagueChewOriginal_L4.jpg

(Crazy thing about this - It's available in some shops here!)

And dude, I'm proud of you! and I hope that you're proud of yourself, too!

Krusty

Tobacco is expensive and about to get a lot more expensive.

If it helped people quit, I would be all for this type of tax, but it doesn't work on adults. For every 100% increase in taxes, decreases he rate by 5%. It works more for new teenage smokers.

congrats to all of you who quit cigs :wink: I tried 1 cig when I was 15 and coughed and hacked and couldn't figure out the trill in it and never started

I smoked for twenty years... but have been quit now for 11 years. Now if I could just quit eating so much... food never tasted so good once I quit chewing on those "coffin nails."

Today I give up on my tobacco addiction, chew. .
SWEET!!! GOOD LUCK !!!!!!! Im still smoke free, in my 5th month. Sandy asked me the other night.."Hows your cravings been?" I had to think about what she was talking about. Im lucky I guess,I dont even think about smoking or not smoking anymore.
Issue now is the weight Im gaining. Im a little guy,so 10 pounds or so is a sh1t ton of extra weight to me.

Last edited:
Congrats Scotty Dog on your continued success.

This thread was just another wake up call of many I ignored for far too long.

I have switched to e-cigs, but it is not the best option when just straight up quitting is ideal. I am using it as a cessation tool.

I would also say that vaping with nicotine is nothing a non smoker / chewer should ever get into. It might be less nasty, but there is no need to start a nicotine addiction for any reason.

Above is my "I am finally happy setup"

On the left is a 1300mah Vision Twist with a Kanger Pro Tank that I use at home. I have tried so many juices, but have settled on all veg glycerin at 18mg of nicotine in two flavors. Dragon fruit from GNS vapes and Wintergreen organic from virgin vapes. The wintergreen is just right and the juice is not thick. I am no fan of organics, but if I am going to vape I want quality and not just some flavoring that is not intended to be vaped. For once I am more willing to go organic. Virgin vapes does it up darn right on this one.

The Kanger pro tank is awesome as hell. Uber short wick with bottom attomizer and a pyrex chamber. The bottom attmo ensures no dry hits, the glass ensures no juices will crack it, and the draw is very loose, which means it mixes air in it well so it is not harsh. It is a killer head and well worth the $18. So smooth hit wise and such a huge step above a vivi Nova that is so harsh. I have more atomizer heads and a couple bases on the way. An atomizer is under $2 and needs to be changed out every few tanks.

On the right is an eGo-C twist 650mah with a drip tip atomizer for work. It fits easy in the pocket and I carry a juice bottle for dripping. I am absolutely loving the GNS Johns blend juice. It is juicy fruit that finishes with a cinnamon. I also use big red flavor in it as well. The cinnamon just feels good and tastes great. Both are 100% VG with 18MG of nicotine. I can use the cinnamon in these without worrying about tank cracks since there is no plastic.

Been going out with Theresa for smoke breaks. It sorta freaked out my coworkers and one saw me hitting the e-cig and mentioned that I should not be so casual about smoking dope at work. I explained that I was vaping to quit chewing and he had no clue I ever chewed. And a bit later some other coworkers wondered WTF the vape was on my desk. I explained and they had no clue I was chewing every waking moment I was at work, It sorta shocked me, but they were used to me always having a dip in and never questioned it. I am getting great support from them.

So many juices and vape equipment to get it all set up. It is sorta strange that most vapors use such fruity flavors, but after getting into it I realize that you are not recreating the flavor of tobacco, but using a flavor you enjoy to get off smoking .. and chew I guess. I found a flavor that tasted exactly like Redman chew and it was awesome, but I did not want that in my every day vape. Some flavors are just silly though. Find what you like and keep at it if it helps you kick smoking / chewing.

I still carry my little makeshift chew tin with me just in case, but today I have had only a few times of dipping and it was mostly just for the lip burn that I miss. I limit myself to about 5 minutes instead of 30 or so. I think I am about done.

Sure it is not good to exchange one habit for another, but I am darn happy and it is totally working. I am not really a fan of vaping and want to be over it in a month or two. It is fun and I have all this cool equipment, but the money I spent on it pales in comparison to going through a bit more than a can of chew a day. And Theresa seems sorta willing to start vaping as well. I have worked through the right way to get it done and it will all be here and ready for her if she so chooses.

Sorry to geek out on this here, but if I can assist anyone to give up tobacco I think it is worth me posting.

SUPER SERIOUS: if anyone wants to get off tobacco with vaping hit me up so I can help you avoid starting off with crap and wasting money. For about $60 you can have a killer setup for a month of vaping. That has to be cheaper than smoking and you will be happy you switched.

It is good to see more and more people bailing on the coffin (coughing) nails... nothing but goodness awaits those who succeed. It is a tough journey, but the rewards are worth it.

It is good to see more and more people bailing on the coffin (coughing) nails... nothing but goodness awaits those who succeed. It is a tough journey, but the rewards are worth it.
Yup,one goodness is I can afford to buy a new(er) motorcycle. I had a physicial last week. (new)Doctor about kissed me when I told HER that I quit smoking 4-5 months ago. She says it looks and sounds like my lungs survived the 20 years and should clean up OK. Anywhoo- more power to all the others out there trying.

Good for you, Scotty! What kind of motorcycle are you looking at?

Back