SS Christmas in July 2011

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I came home today to a big brown box. My wife asked me what I got. I don't know, I replied. I got to explain the fun of SS to her. She thinks it's really cool.

Then she told me I was a dork as I gave the box a shake to try to figure out what I got.

They just don't get it, do they? Sad...:(

Well, crikey! Seems the elf that was to help me has skipped town!:mad: Sigh..So, my recipient's package will probably be a tad tardy.:eek: SORRY:cry:

They just don't get it, do they? Sad...:(

Oh, she gets it. I got home last night, peeked at the box, and noticed the now blue tape along the top. I asked my wife what was up. She said that she thinks I'll be very happy on the 4th.

She's a cruel, cruel woman. :dark:

What kind of sick person does that? That might even tick me off. Kinda like having yer car stolen. It'll never be the same since somebody else had there grubby paws on it.

What kind of sick person does that? That might even tick me off. Kinda like having yer car stolen. It'll never be the same since somebody else had there grubby paws on it.
Not so fast,maybe she thinks hell be very happy cuz she sweetened the pot? Im just thinking OUTSIDE the box.:rolleyes::D At least he has a box, Im still looking for mine. Dont know whats worse, having it and not being able to open it or not having it and not having to go thru the agony of waiting to open it.

Last edited:
Well, mine got here and there Is no mistaking what's In it. I had to hide it from myself so I don't open the envelope. Hope I remember where I put it.

Side note, got shipping confirmation that my gift will be delivered on the first. Fast shipping from one coast to the other. Unfortunately, something unforseable came up the day before I placed the order and was only able to spend half of what I had planned on. Sorry to my SS recipiant.

I doubt she sweetened the pot. For some reason, she thinks that 30 rockets and another 6 kits, plus enough parts to build 5 or 6 more is a big enough fleet. I call it a start.

What I think happened is that I showed her my wish list, and she was curious what got sent. Also, the box was a little worse for the wear, so she was probably (hopefully) checking to make sure nothing was damaged. She knows that would bum me out pretty good.

It doesn't bother me that she peeked. What's tough is that she knows what's in the box and I don't. So now there's two people that know what I got, and I still have to wait 4 more excrutiating days to open the box.

Wheee!!! Package received from Pem-Tech! Let the fidgeting commence. :cry:

Cheers,
- Ken

My victim should get theirs tomorrow or the next day, sorry it took so long.

Jeremy's and my boxes are teasing us. Along with all of the fireworks he just bought. Going to be a colorful year!!

Got mine yesterday, can't wait to open it.:D

Also I noticed mine has been received.

Note I was a late entry as Papa Elf told me he needed one additional person. Glad I could help.:smile:

Got mine yesterday, can't wait to open it.:D

Also I noticed mine has been received.

Note I was a late entry as Papa Elf told me he needed one additional person. Glad I could help.:smile:

There was a clerical error on my part, where the only way to resolve it was adding another person. =)

Funny thing happened at work the other day. I came in after lunch, and there was a message on my voice mail. "Doug, a package came for a Papa ELf. We don't know who that is, and everyone here does not know either, so if its yours, the package is located in the lounge." Lol

Well, amongst 'other things' my computer decided to take a short vacation on me the other night.:mad: As posted earlier, I apologize to my S recipient as their package will arrive late..Hopefully it meets expectations...

However, as I was sitting in my 'sleep chair' daughter came in with a box that UPS had left at the front door(I didn't even hear a knock on the door and the chair is right by the front door:confused:)..Anyways, it was addressed 'XMAS In July' so I knew better then to open it..Though the return address has me kind of curious? Lou? California Hobby Distributors? And the printing on the box: Woodland Scenics SceneARama/Pinecar...Curiouser and curiouser all the way around!:roll:

Puppy wants to know what is in the box as well!:roll:

DSCF4559.JPG

cutie.jpg

Scott Dog. The powers that be, assure me that your gift is on the way. I am truly sorry for the delay. I was told that it was to ship out on friday the 24th, I received a call on thursday the 30th and was again told it was shipping out. I will call again on the 5th and try to get tracking numbers. The website status is showing shipped, but no tracking.....

To even things out, I will not open mine until I know that you have yours.

Again, I'm sorry for the delay and I hope you'll enjoy it!

Thanks,

Glenn

Well, there has been a tragic by miraculous happening this evening.
Trudy and I fly out for Washington D.C. the first of this week, returning next Sunday. In the blind flurry of preparation my SS box was somehow ruptured and it contents tossed asunder. :rolleyes:
But, through some miracle of spontaneous assembly the parts pieced themselves together into the following shape.

2100%20TRFSS_3564.jpg

Anybody have any idea what it could be?
The box said something about Crazy Bovines but I just don't have time to stop and look.

Whatever it is, thanks Secret Santa!!!

I couldn't sleep, so I peeked at my SS Xmas gift. Yes, it was officially the 4th of July. To the Best Secret Santa in July 2011. WOW! He got me a Squirrel Works Liberator and an 29mm Aero Pak retainer. It was worth the waiting. :happydeer:

Thank You! :grin:

Scott Dog. The powers that be, assure me that your gift is on the way. I am truly sorry for the delay. I was told that it was to ship out on friday the 24th, I received a call on thursday the 30th and was again told it was shipping out. I will call again on the 5th and try to get tracking numbers. The website status is showing shipped, but no tracking.....

To even things out, I will not open mine until I know that you have yours.

Again, I'm sorry for the delay and I hope you'll enjoy it!

Thanks,

Glenn
:cheers: Enjoy the day. Be safe!!!!!! Later,ScottyDog

I got a kraken!!! Awesome! Can't wait to fly it! F30?

Need a pro24 skid...Jereon?

Thanks SO MUCH SS!

Braden

Sweet! SS sent me a Kraken also!!! Drag race next time we're at the same launch? I wonder if I can make it minimum diameter? Layne, you've said the KK can hold up to anything you can stuff in it. How about the little one? :D

Thanks SS!!!

- Ken

My SS sent everything on my "Flis list"

I got a ACME Spitfire, a Corona (with the Corona 2 booster(bonus!)), a Mudwasp and a Teeny Triskelion.

To top it off, I also got a Maxi Deuce's Wild motor mount and a baffle for a BT-60.

I think this might be my best July 4th ever! Thank you Secret Santa!

That box got his for teasing me, I ripped him apart! ^_^

Thank you SS, I had so many kits, but not enough motors to fly them. Problem solved! I got a pack of E18-4W and a box of copperheads.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Well, there has been a tragic by miraculous happening this evening.
Trudy and I fly out for Washington D.C. the first of this week, returning next Sunday. In the blind flurry of preparation my SS box was somehow ruptured and it contents tossed asunder. :rolleyes:
But, through some miracle of spontaneous assembly the parts pieced themselves together into the following shape.

2100%20TRFSS_3564.jpg

Anybody have any idea what it could be?
The box said something about Crazy Bovines but I just don't have time to stop and look.

Whatever it is, thanks Secret Santa!!!
Jayhawk?

Braden

Madcow Rocketry Jayhawk
2.6" airframe
29mm MMT
metric butt-ton of noseweight
Flies nice though...

G.D.

DSCF0953.jpg

Whoo who, finally Christmas in July is here, thank you Secret Santa :D received a Rocketarium
S-25 Berkut kit and a nylon parachute to upgrade the recovery system! Great idea and I really appreciate it. Brings a big smile to my face...

IM000592.jpg

IM000593.jpg

IM000594.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Adept22, nuff said. Couldn't have asked for anything else. It was numero uno on my list. Thanks SS whoever you are. It's first flight will be in my Mach bustin, mile breakin, tube finned L2 cert.

Sorry about my late reply, I had no internet access this morning. Comcast strikes again obviously!!!:eyeroll:

I got a Semroc PSC Infinity, really wanted this kit. Thank you so much SS.:D

Note this is a 2 stage AND a 2x 18mm cluster kit. 2 motors in each stage. My two favorite types of kit combined into one. Can't wait to see it fly.:D

Back