Sirius Saturn V - Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I expect to see media posted here!!! Congrats on the level 2!

Congratulations... well now it's broken in, you can fly the heck out of it!!

I hope someone got some great pictures of it! remember "It didn't happen if there are no pictures!" :lol:

Congrats!!! Can't believe you flew your L2 with this thing. Very cool and very memorable, I'm sure. Hope to see the pics and video.

Sandy.

Congratulations on getting you L2! :) I'm glad to hear that the Sat V was not destroyed in some horrible way. :p

Thank you Lady and Gents. Much appreciated.

Here are some pre-launch pics...

01 set up.jpg

02 set up.jpg

03 ready to go.jpg

04 ready to go.jpg

05 ready to go.jpg

She's ALIVE!!!!

09 Launch.jpg10 Launch.jpg11 Launch.jpg

Not the greatest pics Jeff,... but proof! :wink:

OK....admit it. You did have at least a little 'puckering' going on, eh? I am so happy to finally see this one off the pad. I have so been looking forward to it. Hope the videos turned out nice as well. Congrats on the L2 also. Man, you had a helluva day I'd say!

OK....admit it. You did have at least a little 'puckering' going on, eh? I am so happy to finally see this one off the pad. I have so been looking forward to it. Hope the videos turned out nice as well. Congrats on the L2 also. Man, you had a helluva day I'd say!

Thanks Gary. A few butterflies,... but no second thoughts. Honestly, I expected to be much more nervous.

I did check the landing field to make sure I was comfortable. But that was it. Everything was good.

I'm really glad I flew her. It was amazing. She leapt of the rail on the J335.

:cheers:

I never have second thoughts on a maiden flight but I still pucker on them. Mostly because I design most of my rockets. Fortunately my track record is pretty good but I refuse to get over confident. That's just me of course. Hence the pucker.

Somebody at Freedom Launch had the only Sat V on the weekend that was supposed to be in honor of Neil Armstrong, and unfortunately it flew in the "sky writer" profile. Never found out what happened but his flight did come to mind prior to yours. I am so totally glad yours went off without a hitch. I just hope that when I finally get mine done, I'll have the same results you did. These Sat V builds can be temperamental sometimes.

VERY sweet flight! Way to cert in style, man!

Thanks Mason. I'm really happy I used the Sat V for my cert.

I have video,... but can't get to load. Video taken on I-Pod, and downloaded to mac and is in i-photo. I can see it. What do I need to do?

Thanks Mason. I'm really happy I used the Sat V for my cert.

I have video,... but can't get to load. Video taken on I-Pod, and downloaded to mac and is in i-photo. I can see it. What do I need to do?

I`m not sure what you need to do...but please do !!

A big heartfelt congratulations !! it must have looked spectacular leaving the rail.

Paul T

Thank you guys!

I have 2 video's of the launch that I'm trying to figure out how to post.

Nice flight Simon and congrats!! Just watched Apollo 13 last night.... WOW I would love to build this kit one day. Cash is short right now though.

Thanks Dan!

I can't say enough good things about the kit. And she flew amazing. If you ever decided to build one,... you won't regret it. This is definitely the highlight of my model rocketry experiences to date.

Ok,... I got the video on YouTube / embedded here.

Here is the star of the show, taking the stage for the first time...

[video=youtube;Aznu7piM9BI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aznu7piM9BI[/video]

Last edited:
Congrats Simon!!

Hope I'm well enough to make mine next week!!

Magnificent! The only thing I've seen more cool that that was Apollo 11!

Nice flight!

Is it just me, or does the rocket seem to wiggle a little on the boost?
Ok,... I got the video on YouTube / embedded here.

Here is the star of the show, taking the stage for the first time...

[video=youtube;Aznu7piM9BI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aznu7piM9BI[/video]

Latest posts

Back