Saturn V that's uses multiple engines

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dose anyone know if a Saturn V that's is 1/70 scale and uses multiple engines instead of 1 big engine.
Not that I'm aware of for 1/70 scale.

Centuri's 1/100 scale Saturn V came with a 3 engine cluster.

This is what I did to my Estes 1/100 scale version. Designed an adapter to hold 4 Estes engines:
503611-3755a69a45271fa5308b95a629a562a3.data

Yes I did flip out fins. See Apogee news letter 313 for pictures. My friend got credit for my rocket so you will not see my name. LOL

Years ago at BALLS there was a Saturn V with a composite G and 4 BP D’s.
I don’t remember how they were ignited but I was not 100% good with it. Flyer insisted he had done it before and worked.
I told him to take it to 2000’ pads or take it home.
G and two Ds on same side lit and came straight for us crashing at 1000’ out.
I looked at flyer, he looked at me, nothing was said. Just walked out for debris.

Back in the mid to late '70s I took a Centuri Saturn V, 1/100th scale, and modified it for 5 first stage engines. The kit had vacuformed nozzles of thin plastic so I cut them up to fit around the engine tubes and they looked fairly good. I flew it 3 or 4 times and it flew great on 5 C engines. Here is a picture I took of it at a contest behind the KSC HQ building in April 1979 which may have been its last flight.

Wow a Pacer Car is in the background....

Latest posts

Back