~1/100TH Scale Index

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bguffer

Reaction score
This thread is intended to index various ~1/100th scale rocket threads, so that persons know what kits are available in 1/100th scale.

The following thread:
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/1-100-scale-mercury-redstone.155452/page-2

shows:
Saturn V Apollo
Apollo Lunar Module
Saturn V Skylab
Saturn 1B
Little Joe II
Gemini Titan
Mercury Atlas
Mercury Redstone
Falcon 9

Couple people apparently scratch built 1/100th shuttles as well.

https://axmpaperspacescalemodels.com/ is good source for those wanting to scratch build.

Last edited:
Appears Boyce Aerospace offers several rockets in 1/100th scale:
https://boyceaerospacehobbies.com/

Boyce offers Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy in 1/89th scale as well, which is in the ballpark of 1/100th. Boyce can also custom scale 3d printed parts, so you could likely have Boyce 3d print Falcon 9 and Heavy parts at 1/100th scale.

Believe Estes produced Saturn V Apollo and Saturn V Skylab at 1/100th scale.

I've been waiting for about 2 years now for Boyce to have the 1/100th Atlas and Redstone back in stock. I emailed in July of '22, here is their response:

It is just temporary, we are testing a new resin to make the model a little bit more flexible, so less chance of any breakage. We will also be coming out with a 1/100th Gemini Titan. If you are on our email, an email will be sent out to everyone when we release them all again. Any questions, feel free to ask!

I'm still waiting for that email.

I've been waiting for about 2 years now for Boyce to have the 1/100th Atlas and Redstone back in stock. I emailed in July of '22, here is their response:

It is just temporary, we are testing a new resin to make the model a little bit more flexible, so less chance of any breakage. We will also be coming out with a 1/100th Gemini Titan. If you are on our email, an email will be sent out to everyone when we release them all again. Any questions, feel free to ask!

I'm still waiting for that email.
You won't have to wait much longer. The Mercury Redstone 1/100th scale kit will be re-released April 3rd (Just a week and a half away). The Mercury Atlas in May along with the Gemini Titan. The Mercury Redstone will be our first complete kit with precut BT-19 tube, recovery streamer, SLA hi-rez capsule, escape tower, fin can, and display base. Best of all the body wrap is gone, replaced with a high quality waterslide airframe and capsule decals, and full instructions. If you're on our mailing list you'll receive a notice on May the 3rd.

Thanks,
Alex

You won't have to wait much longer. The Mercury Redstone 1/100th scale kit will be re-released April 3rd (Just a week and a half away). The Mercury Atlas in May along with the Gemini Titan. The Mercury Redstone will be our first complete kit with precut BT-19 tube, recovery streamer, SLA hi-rez capsule, escape tower, fin can, and display base. Best of all the body wrap is gone, replaced with a high quality waterslide airframe and capsule decals, and full instructions. If you're on our mailing list you'll receive a notice on May the 3rd.

Thanks,
Alex
Looking forward to the Gemini Titan.

Looking forward to the Gemini Titan.
Meant to say April 3rd for the Mercury Redstone and early May for the 1/100th Mercury Atlas and Gemini Titan. Here's a photo of the new decal on a Painted BT-19 body tube and a look at the raw unpainted display base...Alex

Attachments

• 20240325_175505.jpg
    20240325_175505.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240325_175630.jpg
    20240325_175630.jpg
    699.9 KB · Views: 0
I note that this 1/100 scale Redstone uses a BT-19 body tube, slightly smaller diameter than a BT-20. The Boyce 1/100 scale Saturn 1-B calls for the builder to provide a bunch of BT-19 tubes for the fuel tanks. This would make sense, as the Saturn 1-B was basically just a bunch of clustered Redstones. I have one of the Boyce Saturn 1-B kits, which remains unbuilt. Alas, the only source of BT-19 body tubes that I can find is eRockets and they are out of stock for anything longer than about six inches. Randy said they won’t get any in stock until some time this summer.

So where the heck is Boyce getting his BT-19s?

Last edited:
I note that this 1/100 scale Redstone uses a BT-19 body tube, slightly smaller diameter than a BT-20. The Boyce 1/100 scale Saturn 1-B calls for the builder to provide a bunch of BT-19 tubes for the fuel tanks. This would make sense, as the Saturn 1-B was basically just a bunch of clustered Redstones. I have one of the Boyce Saturn 1-B kits, which remains unbuilt. Alas, the only source of BT-19 body tubes that I can find is eRockets and they are out of stock for anything longer than about six inches. Randy said they won’t get any in stock until some time this summer.

So where the heck is Boyce getting his BT-19s?
He bought out Randy's stock?!? ;)

I didn't do it! I don't even have a Sherline lathe, you can ask my wife! ;)

I do have a 1939 Walker-Turner lathe, though... maybe someday I'll learn how to use it!
(In Alex's defense, the forum software got a little wonky yesterday!)

Alex can we get BT19 tubes from you to complete your original model?
I just checked and eRockets has (80) BT-19 tubes on sale at $99 cents each for the 6.9" length. Just cut these down to 153 mm in length and you'll be set.

Just search Randy's site for:

SEMROC BODY TUBE BT-19 6.9" LONG SEM-BT-19M​

Back