Secret Santa Christmas In July 2016

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you are missing the point by a few miles. In the last couple of years, people have come to a rather informal agreement that for the SS in July, the gift ideas are less than during the Secret Santa in December. Also, listing items that are way out of peoples standard price range will do nothing except provide a guilt trip for the person who gets picked for your santa

Thank you, i didn't realize that this limit was discussed, this is only my second TRF secret Santa Event.

Count me in. Never seem to make it into the regular Christmas Secret Santa, just the July one.

email on it's way shortly

I'm in.

Email sent.

Here is my Wishlist:

This stuff will be used in my Lvl 1 build/attempt. Come be a part of history! LOL :smile:

Aeropack 29 to 38 adapter
12”x12” Nomex chute protector (for 2.6” airframe) 2 would be awesome! Not picky about the brand or color
18" Top Flight X-Type
30" Wildman Recon Chute
30" Skyangle chute
30" Top Flight Crossfire Chute
One Bad Hawk 9/16” tubular Kevlar or Nylon 3 loop
Nomex shock cord protectors
3/32 G10 plate - black, green...doesn't matter.
Missleworks screw switches
Rotary switch

Gift card/certificate to Chris’ Rocket Supplies ( www.csrocketry.com ) I don’t know if he even does gift certificates?

Aerotech 29/40-120 reloads: either will ship with no HAZMAT
G76G-10
G53FJ-10
G64W-10

Hardware: used hardware is perfectly fine, as long as it functions... safely. So if you have some that is rarely flown...
Loki 38/240 hardware/complete motor
Aerotech 29/180 case (can also be used in my lvl 1)
CTI Pro29 hardware
CTI Pro24 hardware
Aerotech 54/426 hardware (mentioning this because someone had one for sale on the cheap some time ago, maybe still available)

Estes 24mm and/or 29mm retainers, the plastic screw on type

Kits:
Estes Big Daddy
Quest Mean Green
LOC Lil Nuke
LOC Onyx
LOC IROC, Big Nuke, or Bruiser (just in case my Secret Santa has recently won the lottery - shhh, it'll be our secret)

I will appreciate anything I get, PayPal cash will be graciously accepted if you don't feel like doing the shopping.

I'm excited already!

Mikey D

Last edited:
Last day to sign up! Here is the list of those who I have received an e-mail.

ActingLikeAKid
AlfaBrewer
blackbrandt
Danh
dhbarr
firesalto
kcobbva
Krusty
Massrokit
Noffie79
rc dude
Sandeja1
The Cylon Rocketeer

Uh oh. My names not on the list, I'll send the email again.

Papa elf, I resent my list. I may have went to your spam folder, happens to me from time to time

Last edited:
Here is the final list of people who signed up

ActingLikeAKid
AlfaBrewer
blackbrandt
Danh
dhbarr
firesalto
kcobbva
Krusty
Massrokit
MikeyDSlagle
Noffie79
rc dude
Salvage -1
Sandeja1
The Cylon Rocketeer

giphy.gif

This season we have an international participant. So as usual; I ask if anyone volunteers to take him so I don't force international shipping on someone that may not want to deal with international shipping. PM me if you want to volunteer!

This season we have an international participant. So as usual; I ask if anyone volunteers to take him so I don't force international shipping on someone that may not want to deal with international shipping. PM me if you want to volunteer!

I would offer again, but, Krusty already has something from me. I can say that a medium sized box won't actually cost that much to send to AussieLand. Whoever does pull Krusty, pls inform the Head Elf when you have sent a package, so that shipping time is taken into consideration.

If no-one else volunteers, then I would be happy to take on Krusty.. I already have something I can send him

cricket.jpg

I've also taken him before so I would prefer not to take him again if possible.

You were both very cool Secret Santas in the past :) Very much appreciated, too!!

I do understand that buying for someone on the other side of the planet can be a pain. If there's no takers this time around, that's ok, too! I'll buy myself something nice ;)

Krusty

Thanks for the volunteers. Not going say who I picked so Krusty has to guess who sent him some goodies :D. E-mails will start going out soon.

Just got back to my computer and was going to submit my name for Krusty! *LOL* Merry Christmas Krusty! Maybe next year (or in Dec) I will get a chance again!

Is it bad that I started looking at how I wanted to do this and then fell down a "well, if I'm ordering from _______ ANYWAY, I might as well..." rabbithole?

Is it bad that I started looking at how I wanted to do this and then fell down a "well, if I'm ordering from _______ ANYWAY, I might as well..." rabbithole?

Lol. This is a given, maybe Papa Elf gets royalties? I am trying to avoid this inevitability this go around, I just remember it will require additional shipping one way or the other, but that's not working.
Will get my order in soon.

Back