Secret Santa 2009

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All was quiet in the the house
not a creature was stirring
not even a mouse

Where as there arose a motor rumble
from the street
A blue,green and white panel truck
stopped.

A Sanata helper ( i.e. a FedEx Llama) dropped upon my porch
a plastic package.
Upon my delight it was my Secert Santa :present:

Placed under my :tree: did it go.
A great :merry-christmas: to my Secret Santa
this, I give, and a Happy New Year :happydeer:.

To the rest the same on TRF. :merry-christmas:

Last edited:
My wife decided that we'd open some of our gifts this evening, what with being snowed in (hey, for the second time this year we got a good snowfall in North Texas - about 3" today!) and can't go out to find a theatre playing Avatar like we had planned...

So, to my Secret Santa, thanks for the Llama's Little Bucky Jones Space Cadet ! It went pefectly with the Star-Trek movie boxed DVD set my wife got me - she always HAS thought I was a space cadet! :santa-smile:

I played by the rules, I waited till about 10 minutes after Midnight! Then let Val, my wife open the package...:D

My Secret Santa sent me a Dr. Zooch Mark II Echo!!!!! :present:

Cool!!!!

Thanks Santa!

Eric:)

COOL! Got a $25 GLR gift card!

I almost want to say its CJL because I KNOW he shops at GLR alot, am I right? ;)

Ben

Merry x-mas everyone!!!:tree:Not only did Santa bring me want I wanted,but he upsized it with the Sirius Mid-powered Interrogator,Can't wait to see this baby rip on an E-15-7!!!!:y:Thank you very much Secret Santa,this has been lots of fun:happydeer:John P.

Dear Secret Santa,

Thank You!:santa-smile:

A Micro Max Honest John and a Thunderbird from FlisKits!

Can't wait to dive into both. The HoJo build I can pretty much keep in my shirt pocket and the Thunderbird will put some serious craftmanship hair on my knuckles.

Mondo :) on this end,

Scott Broderick

I received the coolest looking Flis Kit rocket, a HERC-3. I am really looking forward to this build and flight. It will be a great addition to my growing tube fin rocket stable.

AND a HEMV-4 which will be my introduction into micro rocketry.

Thank You Secret Santa.

Since everyone else is still in bed and I have been cooking for hours I decided a gift was in order. My SS gift to be exact.

I have been MIcro Maxxed!!!
:w:

My magikal Flis-Box contained a HEMV-4 and a Dead Ringer AND Micro Maxx motors!
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Just what I wanted!

Thank you Secret Santa, may your llama spit stains come out in the wash.

Merry Holidays and Happy Christakwanzahanukkah to all from Trudy, Elizabeth, Zoe, Nimrod and myself.
:hohoho:

BIG thanks to my Secret Santa!!! I got an Art Applewhite 24mm Hourglass kit,
A Fliskit TriGlide , extra gliders and a BT55 baffle kit.
Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Hoildays to all!!!!!
Mark T

Thank You very much to my secret santa!! I got a new fliskits decim8. Will start as soon as I finish my little bucky jones. Merry Christmas amd happy new years to all of you.
Thanks again,
Lee:tree:

I played by the rules, I waited till about 10 minutes after Midnight! Then let Val, my wife open the package...:D
)

One of my favorite parts of Christmas--seriously--is visiting TRF on Christmas and seeing all of you very excited kids after opening your Secret Santa gifts:present:. :D

Thank You very much to my secret santa!! I got a new fliskits decim8. Will start as soon as I finish my little bucky jones. Merry Christmas amd happy new years to all of you.
Thanks again,
Lee:tree:

I hope you post a build thread for it! I had to decide, Decim 8 for me or for you :p I picked you :) what # kit did you get?

Ben

I hope you post a build thread for it! I had to decide, Decim 8 for me or for you :p I picked you :) what # kit did you get?

Ben

...psssst, it's supposed to be a secret;) thus Secret Santa. I have a guess, most likely wrong, on who my SS is but I don't want to know, would spoil it a fraction, like 1/10,000th.

One thing for sure I'll not be telling who got what from me but like I said earlier I truly hope he enjoys what I got him as much as I loved getting my Decim8:hohoho:

COOL! Got a $25 GLR gift card!

I almost want to say its CJL because I KNOW he shops at GLR alot, am I right? ;)

Ben

Nope. I wasn't the one who got that for you. I do know you shop at GLR a lot though.

As for me, I opened mine to find a Semroc Orbital Transport and a nice nylon chute. Thanks a lot SS :D

...psssst, it's supposed to be a secret;) thus Secret Santa. I have a guess, most likely wrong, on who my SS is but I don't want to know, would spoil it a fraction, like 1/10,000th.

One thing for sure I'll not be telling who got what from me but like I said earlier I truly hope he enjoys what I got him as much as I loved getting my Decim8:hohoho:

A lot of times, people will post who they got after that person has received their gift.

Usually you post to figure out who got who. Unless we aren't supposed to thats how its worked in the past.

Ben

Nope. I wasn't the one who got that for you. I do know you shop at GLR a lot though.

As for me, I opened mine to find a Semroc Orbital Transport and a nice nylon chute. Thanks a lot SS :D

To be honest I haven't boughten ANYTHING from ANYONE in TOO long!! I just have so much crap here my dad and I have been self sustaining since atleast before LDRS. Now this gives me a reason to buy more :p

Ben

This this the first chance I've had to break away from the Christmas festivities. My son got a Wii from :hohoho: and we've been playing it all morning.

I'll give out a big THANK YOU to my SS. I got a Fliskits Adfecta, a BT-60 baffle for it, and a huge length of Kevlar thread (which I really needed for some upcoming clone builds). I can't wait to get started - I'm moving this one right to the top of the build queue.

Dear Secret Santa,

Thank You!:santa-smile:

A Micro Max Honest John and a Thunderbird from FlisKits!

Can't wait to dive into both.
Hope you enjoy them.
The HoJo build I can pretty much keep in my shirt pocket
It's a little smaller than you are used to building. I thought you might get a kick out of it.
... and the Thunderbird will put some serious craftmanship hair on my knuckles.

That's the best kind of knuckle hair to have.

Jim Flis had one on display at his booth at NARCON. It certainly is a builder's kit.

Merry Christmas, from one rambling monkey to a former Talkin' Monkey.

I maties, me now crack`n on th' Kraken in order nay t' be make`n th' ghost o` Davy Jones bones a rattelin'

aaahhmmm.....sorry about that. Kinda got lost in the moment.

Secret Santa delivered a Kraken and an annoying little sound that haunted me until I opened the box. Had nothing to do with the rocket kit. It was a punch out tab from the shipping box........:mad: (Sometimes it's not the big things in life that gets you.......)

Last edited:
Hmmm....Giant Leap is in Louisiana......and I'm in Louisiana...... wow, what a coincidence! :santa-smile: Merry Christmas.

One of my favorite parts of Christmas--seriously--is visiting TRF on Christmas and seeing all of you very excited kids after opening your Secret Santa gifts:present:. :D

What??!! Who??!! ME..US??!!!!
Madam..I deeply represent that remark! And furthermore; may you be enjoying a Merry Christmas too!:snowman:

...and Thank You Papa Elf!!!! Merry Christmas!

Thanks to my Secret Santa for the Semroc Lil' Ivan and Orbital Transport - wowzers! :santa-smile:

Back