Rifle cartridge shaped rocket?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The namby-pambies are being brain washed by the media.

A few decades ago... Sunday afternoon, I'm channel surfing the TV. I pause on channel 7, KGO in SF. "900 Front Street." Their local talk show.

The show opens with file footage of a police officer at a police range. He's holding what I recognize to be a 9mm Uzi. This one has a very short barrel. He inserts a mag, and pulls back on the charging handle. I notice that handle remains in the rearward position. He points the weapon downrange, and squeezes the trigger, sending 32 rounds in just over 1 second.

They then cut to Fred LaCosse, news anchorman, and our host for the show. He is on stage in front of a studio audience, holding up a weapon that looks very similar, but has a MUCH longer barrel, and a stock. Fred says "Anyone can go into a sporting goods store and buy this gun for $500." True statement, at the time. BUT...

The military issue sub-machine gun we saw the cop firing is just that. It fires from the open bolt. Selective fire. A subby. You CAN'T buy that at a sporting goods store. For ANY amount of money. Cuz I don't care who you know, the ATF is NOT going to give you a class 3 permit, and they DON'T sell class 3 weapons at Big-5. The ATF will be happy to accept your $200 application fee, and they will cash the check. But one thing they WON'T do is issue a civilian a class 3 permit. Write it down and get used to it, cuz it ain't gonna happen.

The look-alike that Fred is holding... 18 inch barrel. Civilian version. Closed bolt. Semi-auto ONLY. 1 squeeze, 1 round.

But the average schmuck doesn't know the difference. Fred is lying by deception. And rest assured...His deception is quite deliberate.

Thanks a lot, Fred. Thanks for letting me know I can't trust you for the news any more. I'll watch a different channel from now on.

As if that would change anything. It won't. They all do it.

All I can do is hold up three fingers, and ask Fred if he can read between the lines.

They don't "Issue Class III Permits". Class III is the type of FFL that sell NFA Weapons.
Folks around here don't have any problems getting their paperwork filed and typically it takes a couple of months to get approved.
Plenty of legal machinegun owners around here.

PML MR-1, kinda looks like an antitank round.

Latest posts

Back