3D Printing Non-Rocketry Related help needed...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Kemker

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Non-rocketry related.

I have a custom refurb of a phono cartridge that added a wood shell to the cartridge, in addition to re-tipping it with a new microridge stylus. Problem is, one of my cats has been known to get up on the turntable at times and I'm afraid she'll knock the stylus against the platter in the process.

I need a stylus guard that will protect the stylus. I can provide measurements of the cartridge, etc. I have a general idea, but I'm not very skilled at CAD. Can you help? If not, know anyone who might be able to? I just need an STL file and then I'll print it on my Neptune 3 Plus or my Anycubic Photon 4K.

It's 13mm tall, 25mm long, 18mm wide and the styly extends about 8mm below the bottom of the cartridge. What I'm thinking of would be a U shape with "rails" that extend slightly (1mm?) in towards the cartridge to slide onto the cartridge from the front and the bottom would provide protection to the stylus.

Back