Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not true. It's too woke.
Star Trek has been plenty woke since TOS.
1710684936613.png

StarTrek has always been “woke”. I wasn’t there but I’m sure a handful of people got real upset when Kirk kissed Uhura back in the day too lol.
They sure did, but it was woke just to have black woman in the main cast, and with officer's rank no less. And a Japanese main character. Rod tried for a woman first officer, but that was too woke for the networks.

(Ninjad)

Last edited:
I saw that as a small boy and also many times as an adult and never thought of it as woke.
Agreed. If you're going to call TOS "Woke", might as well throw in Good Times, The Jeffersons, All in the Family.......just about every mainstream TV show from that era confronted racism and bigotry.

Agreed. If you're going to call TOS "Woke", might as well throw in Good Times, The Jeffersons, All in the Family.......just about every mainstream TV show from that era confronted racism and bigotry.
Yes, indeed you might, and rightly so. The shows people deride as "woke" today get that label because they have the reprehensible habit of taking on bigotry. With more forms of bigotry being prominently discussed today, shows which take on those issues are woke, and shows from yesteryear couldn't possibly be woke because we were young then and didn't know enough to be annoyed social consciousness.

(Incidentally, all the shows you named there are from Normal Lear, who was as woke as they come until the day he died, last December at 101.)

Latest posts

Back