Original Battlestar Galactica Eastern Alliance "Stazi-Class" Destroyer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winston

Lorenzo von Matterhorn
Reaction score
Way beyond my skills and even if it wasn't, after spending the time to create it, I'd be afraid to launch it.

https://resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=15978

https://resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=15928

IMG_4389.JPG

IMG_4400.JPG

Stasi_Class_Destroyer.png

EADestroyer-LowAngle.jpg

EADestroyer-LowRear.jpg

Considering all the shortcomings in the cast pieces, that is a tribute to the builder's modeling skills. If you are used to styrene models from a major manufacturer, these resin cast short run models might disappoint you. Detail inaccuracies, mold shifting, excessive flashing, and even bubbles. Plus they are quite expensive for small limited piece designs. Really tests one's skills.

BTW I think this is only for static display, not launchable.

Considering all the shortcomings in the cast pieces, that is a tribute to the builder's modeling skills. If you are used to styrene models from a major manufacturer, these resin cast short run models might disappoint you. Detail inaccuracies, mold shifting, excessive flashing, and even bubbles. Plus they are quite expensive for small limited piece designs. Really tests one's skills.

I tend to agree on this. I used the Fantastic Plastics for my Men Into Space project and it was not like the old plastic models where things snap into place. It was more like trimming a little bit with an Xacto knife and laying pieces together and waiting for the glue to dry.

Last edited:
Knew that, was just imagining a flyable version and how difficult that would be to make - much lighter and somehow stable.

Difficult yes, but doable. The front would be built around a metal bolt with heavy epoxy clay to form the bridge and upper nose cone section. The rear would be traditional tubes, balsa and card stock. Five motors in the back. You would have to do a modification on top to reduce the asymmetric drag. The hardest part would be to convince others your out of the box Mindsim was not complete insanity and to give you a pad assignment:). At least it would not have dreaded tractor motors which would make it even scarrier looking.

Difficult yes, but doable. The front would be built around a metal bolt with heavy epoxy clay to form the bridge and upper nose cone section. The rear would be traditional tubes, balsa and card stock. Five motors in the back. You would have to do a modification on top to reduce the asymmetric drag. The hardest part would be to convince others your out of the box Mindsim was not complete insanity and to give you a pad assignment:). At least it would not have dreaded tractor motors which would make it even scarrier looking.

I think you need to build one and come out West. The RSO at our big launches only looks at rockets G power and above. For F and lower, you just need a pulse and a flight card. :)

other than the draggy nature, it looks pretty glidable with the light weight, and some vertical stabilizing addition. I loved the episode with this ship, they were very cocky till they docked inside one of the battlestar landing bays built into the side struts.....

Back