• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold ChuckH's Performance Rocketry Mongoose 98!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LT130TH

Reaction score
SOLD

Hello, rocketeers. I'm selling the built carbon fiber Mongoose 98 I bought from ChuckH back in 2019. Here is the original sale thread with even more pic's: [Mongoose 98 original sale listing]. A lot has happened since 2019, and this rocket has spent all of that time on my office wall, looking amazing. I'll be moving out of state in a few months, and I'm afraid I'll most likely be working from home, and no longer have an appropriate space to continue fawning over this bad boy. I've copied and pasted the details from ChuckH's original listing. I'm asking $400 for the rocket, if picked up within a couple hour radius of the Dallas/Fort Worth area. If you'd like it shipped, we can look into it. And if you'd like the aluminum & carbon wall mounts shown in the images, I can throw them in for an extra $100. I'm happy to take additional pic's of anything - please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Video of this rocket launching on an N motor, courtesy of ChuckH: N motor launch

Built Mongoose 98 carbon fiber minimum diameter rocket with extended booster.
  • Filament wound carbon fiber tubes and coupler
  • Booster: 64” (stock is 60")
  • Upper airframe: 30”
  • Coupler: 12”
  • Coupler is bonded to upper airframe with 7” exposed.
  • Fins are ¼” carbon plate. 2 layers of carbon and one layer of fiberglass tip to tip.
  • Nosecone: 5:1 Von Karman, high temp with aluminum tip. Internal bay for BeeLine GPS.
  • Removable carbon fiber bulkhead for motor retention and recovery attachment. This sits on top of a small piece of coupler tube bonded inside the booster airframe.
  • Does not include av bay bulkheads or sled.
  • Has flown twice; both times to over 32,000 feet on N motors. Paint has some Mach rash on the fins from the last flight.

PXL_20230511_222913813.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL~2.jpg
PXL_20230511_223007655.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
PXL_20230511_223214999.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
PXL_20230511_223153651.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
PXL_20230511_223604096.PORTRAIT~2.jpgPXL_20230511_224001390.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Last edited:
Great rocket. Never saw it fly, but I have seen pictures online.

What are those wall mounting brackets?
They're aluminum risers with custom-cut carbon plates to cradle the rocket. Couldn't find anything like it to buy, so I had to make what I wanted. I've used them to put some of my 5 and 6ft long RC boats up on the wall, the same way. They'll hold way more weight than this Mongoose.

I should buy it back lol

New York No GIF by HULU

Thank you to @LT130TH (and @ChuckH!) for the Mongoose. In a weird bit of rocket karma, I originally saw the rocket and met flyer LT130TH back in 2019 when I volunteered to pick it up at Airfest and bring it back to the DFW area. I didn’t realize that right away when I first saw it for sale, but it dawned on me after I thought about it for a bit.

So, what goes around, comes around! I’m looking forward to flying it on some Wimpy Red at Balls next year.

Tony

Last edited:
Back