Lunar launch Snow Ranch Dec.-5

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonderful launch today at Snow Ranch. Thanks to the Orvis Family for having us.

Since I pulled off getting my level 1 and 2 this year on my second time as a BAR, I decided to run both of those rockets.

Here is my Level 1 rocket, the DOC 2000 on an H180 Skidmark to 2300 ft.

DSC_4374.jpg

And here is my Level 2 rocket, 3" Darkstar on a K1103X to 8300 ft. Thankful for the TRS on board...

DSC_4636.jpg

Last edited:
*sigh* Well, that took me entirely too long to get posted, work kept me too busy the last week and there's still a HFR video of my one launch that I wanted to process and upload as part of the album (I didn't make my usual flight summary video as I only did one flight with no onboard video, so it didn't seem worth it), but I'm on the opposite end of the country from that microSD for two weeks, so no point in holding it up any longer.

Album link is in my signature, as always.

robbdm, the Double-Shot launch is #20, I tested the download link and Google is really compressing things now, it was a 7MB download for a 128MB uploaded video. I can send you the full-quality (1080p/60) video if you want, just PM me with an email address and I can send you a download link (offer goes for anyone else who wants a full-quality video from any of my albums as well).

Thirsty, I got your unfortunate Leviathan G40 CATO at #7, and the Pod Rocket H180 is #17, as well as the Warlock I540 drag race between you and SCRocketfan at #54 (last video).

And the always-fun-to-watch Piñata rocket is #41. With a pair of air-started motors this launch.

There's some other decent shots in there I think, though with the mostly-cloudy skies most of the day I lost too many rockets at burn-out, and without being able to see the tracking smoke I had a tough time re-acquiring them before ejection. I did catch some of them however. And I didn't catch much after about 1:00pm as I was busy getting my first flight ready and then turning my rocket around for a second flight, which didn't end up happening anyway due to a bad AT ignitor (no continuity).

robbdm, the Double-Shot launch is #20, I tested the download link and Google is really compressing things now, it was a 7MB download for a 128MB uploaded video. I can send you the full-quality (1080p/60) video if you want, just PM me with an email address and I can send you a download link (offer goes for anyone else who wants a full-quality video from any of my albums as well).

Thanks great video, I'll PM you. I'm always to focused on tracking and never video the up.

Latest posts

Back