Lost Estes Bandit found....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eliot Ness

Reaction score
Back in the spring I built an Estes mini Fat Daddy and three of my grand-kids each built an Estes Bandit. We have a large 3 acre back yard so we launched them back there since we weren't using large motors. The Fat Daddy did a beautiful launch and parachute ejection but a gust of wind drifted it into a group of trees where wind and rain slowly took its toll. One of the Bandits was recovered and one drifted off never to be seen again. The third Bandit landed in a dense tree in the middle of our lot and I could never actually see it in that tree and I looked each time I mowed. I mowed for the first time this season on Thursday and the tree finally gave up the rocket it had been holding hostage for three seasons, as I found the missing Bandit laying in the grass, but the rain, wind, and a little snow took it's toll on the little bandit. It also looks like the ejection blew a hole in the body tube. Maybe I had the wadding and parachute packed too tightly.

The next rocket build this season will be some larger than the little Bandits and I'll find a larger field to launch in. Anyway, I just thought I'd share a picture of the poor little Bandit.

Attachments

• Estes Bandit.jpg
    Estes Bandit.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back