DARS December Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool. Loki motor?

For 6000', it will be Loki. Either the I110 moonburner or the I430 blue to try to slip past mach.

I don't have an Aerotech 38/600 case, so I'm limited to what's available in the 38/480. Those will get me to 5000'+, though, so I may yet fly the I154J I have in the motor box.

It seems weird to contemplate this. I'm typically much more partial to the low and slow flights.

Last edited:
For 6000', it will be Loki. Either the I110 moonburner or the I430 blue to try to slip past mach.

I don't have an Aerotech 38/600 case, so I'm limited to what's available in the 38/480. Those will get me to 5000'+, though, so I may yet fly the I154J I have in the motor box.

It seems weird to contemplate this. I'm typically much more partial to the low and slow flights.

That's cool. Something to consider, DARS has the 600 casing if you ever want to give it a shot. I donated a seal disk for it and the other casings that require it as well.

That's cool. Something to consider, DARS has the 600 casing if you ever want to give it a shot. I donated a seal disk for it and the other casings that require it as well.

...and if you really want to go nuts, I'll soon have a 38-1080 case that I'd be willing to loan out should you really want to turn something loose.

...and if you really want to go nuts, I'll soon have a 38-1080 case that I'd be willing to loan out should you really want to turn something loose.

[video=youtube;T437DdmFNPU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T437DdmFNPU[/video]

Sadly, the rocket I'm flying for this insanity doesn't have enough space (it's the same basic size and design as a DX3). I'll need to check to see if a 38/720 would fit, but I don't think that will leave enough space for shock cord, let alone a streamer. I'm seriously considering one of the AT 38/600 loads, but I'd really hate to kill this rocket.

Last edited:
Sadly, the rocket I'm flying for this insanity doesn't have enough space (it's the same basic size and design as a Super DX3). I'll need to check to see if a 38/720 would fit, but I don't think that will leave enough space for shock cord, let alone a streamer. I'm seriously considering one of the AT 38/600 loads, but I'd really hate to kill this rocket.

No shame in letting the casing stick out of the rocket 6" or so as long as the CG/CP is still good :D

Back