The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdsmith39

Reaction score
I designed a Tube Chuck in order to sand tubes faster/easier.
Tube Chuck Printables Link
Printables model description mentions everything you need to make use of the tube chuck.

Why did I make it? I'm glad you asked. I was doing my L3 project and wanted to fiberglass all of the body tubes. I also wanted fiberglassing the tubes to be an option going forward. So, I had to figure out a way to make the finishing faster and easier. After several iterations on the design, I eventually got to where it is now. It works great!

Video Link showing the tube chuck in use! This thing does work great! I will definitely be fiberglassing paper tubes again.

Bonus video link of my L3 project launch.

Very nice... I like it! I have some simple chucks that I have used with a grill rotisserie, but they are just friction fit. I like the design on this one to be able to clamp against the insides.

I haven't done it, but I also thought about creating pucks that match the outside circumference of the tube.... how to attach the sandpaper was another question.

Back