• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Composite Warehouse kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Williamhimka

Reaction score
I’m looking for unbuilt mid-hpr ( 3-4” dia. primarily ) CW kits.
Please PM me if you’ve got something that may fit my interest. Thank you

Ummmmm... If your asking this because you think they are out of business they are not here is there website: Composite Wearhouse
They have tons of 3-4" kits available. The kits are pre order, so it takes a while to have them shipped but they are there. Lots of parts and whatnot too!

eek didn't know that! I may try to buy a rocket from their company sometime so wish me luck!!!

What do you mean... don't pay him directly but do it on the website, or what??

Anyways, do your own research. I provided a couple of the links for you to dig into. I don’t wanna offend anyone or anything of that nature, but you SHOULD see what I mean after a bit of looking around.

Hmmm, yes that makes sense. I will look into it. If it takes more than a month or two to ship out, though, I will definitely be sending him emails about it!

I may get backlash for this from loyal supporters of CW but…

I suggest to stay clear of CW….my personal experience and after I too was informed and warned ended up with issues.

On a positive note CW has some great kits and I would love more of them on top of the few I already have.

I suggest to go with a vendor who has good a reputation like Wildman and LOC to name a couple.

Hmmm, yes that makes sense. I will look into it. If it takes more than a month or two to ship out, though, I will definitely be sending him emails about it!
You can send all the emails you want, or even go to his workplace, but you won't likely leave with your order. One customer gave him several thousand dollars and still hasn't gotten anything.

Last edited:
It’s a gamble you might get what you offered in a month… if so buy a lottery ticket the same day. You might get it a year out or you might not get it at all. You think you’re getting it in a couple of weeks because you have a fake UPS tracking #

His kits are top notch, and usually the fit is really good on all the parts....but think of it as an investment for the future. I have done a couple of orders. The quickest came in 2 weeks. One was 12+ months, AFTER the pay when ready invoice was paid.
If your not in a rush, and have the disposable funds, order and sit back and be prepared to wait. If at some point you want to check status (after at least 4-8 weeks). Be nice, with a one line email, so it doesn't take time to read. And you'll likely get a response that it will be a week. Then repeat in about 4-6 weeks.

I have a couple of the CW kits, purchased through Mad Cow a few years ago when they still had them. I like the kits, did my level 2 with the 4 inch FG Nike Smoke. I am interested in obtaining more CW kits. So I sent an email to CW about 2 months ago giving a list of "in-stock" kits and asked if they were really in stock and would they ship soon if I bought them, totaling well over $1,000. I realize that is still small potatoes compared to larger industrial level customers. I have not had a response, for what it's worth to say so. So I have not ordered, especially with what is in contained in the TRF threads.

The guy who was doing the rocketry items quit recently. Curtis is supposedly doing mostly all Commercial work now, so getting rocketry stuff is even more unlikely in the near future.

What do you mean... don't pay him directly but do it on the website, or what??

When you place an order for a kit, there will be an option to pay upfront, or pay when it's ready to ship. For all the obvious reasons in the world, the latter option is preferable and advisable.

His kits are top notch, and usually the fit is really good on all the parts.... If your not in a rush, and have the disposable funds, order and sit back and be prepared to wait. If at some point you want to check status (after at least 4-8 weeks). Be nice, with a one line email, so it doesn't take time to read. And you'll likely get a response that it will be a week. Then repeat in about 4-6 weeks.

This has worked for me with 100% success rates on ordering kits from CW.

Curtis is supposedly doing mostly all Commercial work now, so getting rocketry stuff is even more unlikely in the near future.

This has always been the case.
CW is a commercial tubing operation, that occasionally switches into making rocketry airframes during down times in filling commercial orders. Thus, the unpredictability of order fulfilment timeframes.

If you need something for sure, shipping from stock, looks elsewhere.
If you really like the price and form of a particular CW kit, then order it, and lets the process run its course. It make takes months, or it may ship in days. It's a lottery.

HTH,
a

P.S.: CW / Curtis has a lot of passionate detractors and supporters. TRF has rules for not bad mouthing vendors unless someone was personally involved in a transaction that went sideways, so I'm sticking to those.

It is ALWAYS pay up front. Even if you select pay when ready to ship, you still are paying up front. He should have an option, send me a check when you get the order. And my order was from 2019, I just made the missing stuff from Wildman stock of G 10.

Or really at any point. Even the pay later option doesn’t guarantee you’ll get your items promptly thereafter…or ever. I’ve paid later several months after the order (when requested) but then waited more than a year for the delivery
I paid later in Jan 2023, still waiting. :)

Roy

There is one part to all of this that many do not consider.

If you pay by CC and waiting as long as some of you have. You no longer have the CC to go back to for resolution and same would go for PP.

After 30-60 days it is next to impossible to get a refund.
CC will be like why did you wait so long.

Been there and done this and not rocket related either.

One day, and that day may never come, I will see a Composite Warehouse kit on a table somewhere and I will buy it for cash.

This is the way.

I contacted the composite wearhouse sales manager via the live chat on their site about why some people have not gotten their orders. He said that they are moving to a building 4 times larger and also are just really behind.

I contacted the composite wearhouse sales manager via the live chat on their site about why some people have not gotten their orders. He said that they are moving to a building 4 times larger and also are just really behind.

I've only been a BAR for 7 or 8 years, but in that time I know for sure we've heard that at least twice before.

Next up comes tracking numbers that are real, in the system, but never activate.......

🍿🍿🍿🍿

I've only been a BAR for 7 or 8 years, but in that time I know for sure we've heard that at least twice before.

Next up comes tracking numbers that are real, in the system, but never activate.......

I didn't say that is what I believed, I said it was what he said. I meant it in a :p kind of way, sorry for not communicating that clearly. ;)

Back