C'mon admit it. You bought yourself a gift, didn't you?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tricked out the gravel bike my wife got me for Christmas: power meter, shock absorbing stem, cycling computer mount, converted to tubeless, top tube bag and stocked saddle bag.

I hear they take enormous amounts of water.
Is that true?
Where do you get that in N. CA?
We are going to find out about the water. Its on the edge of a creek and the Sacramento river. Water table is high and the well pumps good. Luckily its all set on micro sprinklers instead of flood irrigation.
Located about 10 minuets north of Corning Calif.

https://www.almonds.com/why-almonds/growing-good/water-wise

Last edited:
Some hand tools (that, surprisingly, I don't already have), phone charger, tiny parts organizer, and an HO scale taco truck.

Some hand tools (that, surprisingly, I don't already have), phone charger, tiny parts organizer, and an HO scale taco truck.

Sadly, I'm starting to become concerned about the amount of tools I have.....

I've tried to give tools to my kids, but they actually have to want to use them. I've found that to be the biggest hurdle.

I actually have had complaints from the daughter-in-law who said "Oh great, more tools"... when I give my son tool gifts.....

Sadly, I'm starting to become concerned about the amount of tools I have.....

I've tried to give tools to my kids, but they actually have to want to use them. I've found that to be the biggest hurdle.

I actually have had complaints from the daughter-in-law who said "Oh great, more tools"... when I give my son tool gifts.....
I hear 'ya.

I have my tools and some of my grandfather's tools. Now that we're cleaning out our parents' house, none of my siblings, or their children, want my father's tools, along with the remainder of my grandfather's tools that Dad had kept for himself. My wife agrees that there's no way that we're letting anyone donate those to Goodwill or Habitat for Humanity or even auction them off, but all of those, combined with what we already have is a LOT. At least our kids have *some* interest. I'm hoping that as their lives settle down a little more (they are in their mid-20s) they will have more interest in growing their tool collections.

I hear 'ya.

I have my tools and some of my grandfather's tools. Now that we're cleaning out our parents' house, none of my siblings, or their children, want my father's tools, along with the remainder of my grandfather's tools that Dad had kept for himself. My wife agrees that there's no way that we're letting anyone donate those to Goodwill or Habitat for Humanity or even auction them off, but all of those, combined with what we already have is a LOT. At least our kids have *some* interest. I'm hoping that as their lives settle down a little more (they are in their mid-20s) they will have more interest in growing their tool collections.
Yeah,

I have some of my grandfathers (both sides) tools and I have a very select few from my great grandfather on father's side.

I do and will treasure them, but feel like they will just get thrown away within 20 years.

Neither of my kids (both boys) are interested. I have doubts they will have any interest in my specialty tools---straight edges, machinist angles, micrometers, calipers, etc....

Scored a Hobbylab R/C SR-71 complete in box, never opened (!) for myself. Bonus box (free) had a bunch of pristine Estes motors, but no history other than the chap was cleaning out his Mother's garage. At least it was orderly and clean. Looked like it was well insulated, but these motors will be segregated for disposable birds. Merry Holidaze to all and may 2024 bring us all sorely needed peace.

Back