Aurora 38mm MD rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after a bunch of cutting, soldering and removing unnecessary parts from the PCB I have my 160db beeper that will fit in a 29mm tube. It will use a pull switch to start.

1423612553723.jpg

Looks awesome! Please tell me you will paint the NC black or something?

Looks great!

12" chute, right? How many inches do you have to pack it?

Nate

IIRC this issue was already discussed, but 12" does sound pretty small. I'm planning to go with 15" for my first flight- granted yours will probably be lighter than mine

Nate

IIRC this issue was already discussed, but 12" does sound pretty small. I'm planning to go with 15" for my first flight- granted yours will probably be lighter than mine

Nate

Your right it is 18" thin mill.

Cool- that sounds like it should work well. What altitude are you planning to deploy it at?

Nate

400-600ft. I'm waiting until I get my telemetrum Back to see what it can actually do.

Well anyways, I plan on finishing this over my break this week. Any thoughts on what size PVC I should use for fillets? I haven't really thought about it yet and am not bringing this into Lowes to see what would work well ;)

Well anyways, I plan on finishing this over my break this week. Any thoughts on what size PVC I should use for fillets? I haven't really thought about it yet and am not bringing this into Lowes to see what would work well ;)

I used a 1/2 inch copper pipe coupler for my 38mm project.

Greg

I used a 29mm motor mount. May have been slight overkill...

Nate

Latest posts

Back