Any News on Turkey & Grits 2023?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Campbell

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone heard if Turkey & Grits is go for 2023? I went the last two years and had a great time. I know the website is down after the loss of Roy Green. I haven't seen anything on the SOAR site or here.

GRITS is on and will be the weekend BEFORE Thanksgiving this year. As opposed to the traditional weekend after.

The GRITS website is being revamped, I think because we can’t get access to the old site (but don’t quote me on that last part - I didn’t fully hear the explanation at the last meeting).

GRITS is on and will be the weekend BEFORE Thanksgiving this year. As opposed to the traditional weekend after.

The GRITS website is being revamped, I think because we can’t get access to the old site (but don’t quote me on that last part - I didn’t fully hear the explanation at the last meeting).
Thank you for the update. I will adjust my plans accordingly.

I haven’t been active in the club the past couple months, so I only found out at the last meeting and meant to let y’all know. But it slipped my mind, so I’m glad you asked.

Last year was 14,000 ft. I can’t say what it’ll be this year, but I would expect it to be nearly the same.

Last year was 14,000 ft. I can’t say what it’ll be this year, but I would expect it to be nearly the same.
Thank you for this information. Is there anyone planning to attend who can be an L3 Flyer of Record for my college? I am currently L2 certified; however, we intend to do a full-scale test flight of the rocket we are working on for the 2024 Spaceport America Cup and will be on an M1297W.

Post your question to the SoAR email list. You’ll have a better chance of getting an answer. There will be a number of L3 flyers. I’m sure someone will help. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jorge will help.

I can’t help you. I’m an L2. 🤷‍♂️

Post your question to the SoAR email list. You’ll have a better chance of getting an answer. There will be a number of L3 flyers. I’m sure someone will help. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jorge will help.

I can’t help you. I’m an L2. 🤷‍♂️
We'll see if Jorge will be willing. He kinda of laughed at my Shadowhawk design with forward-swept fins, saying it was going to be unstable. That rocket became my L1 cert.

For those who haven't yet heard, GRITS registration is now OPEN!

GRITS - Georgia Rockets In The Sky - will be held November 18-19 in Nashville, Georgia (near Tifton).

https://gritslaunch.com/
Yep, the unfortunate loss of Roy Green gave the web sites fits for a while, but we've got registration under control now, and are back up and running.

FYI, our on-site rocketry vendor Chris' Supplies' Chris Short is an L3 - you might be able to reach out to him with your L3 questions.

Back