AIRFest 30 Aug 30 - Sept 2, 2024

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketchick

Pasture Princess
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!!

The website for AIRFest 30 is live!! Registration will go live on May 17th!

Make AIRFest 30 your rocketry destination for 2024. The Argonia Rocket Pasture is centrally located for everyone and we'll have some of the best rockets, best rocketeers, and major national vendors in attendance.

Please see the AIRFest flyer information page for all the updated information about the launch and range hours.

Book your hotels soon. The Anthony Cobblestone is still not in play so Harper or Wellington are your best bets after the small places fill up.

As always, nearly all of the fields in our 8 nm radius, 50,000' waiver are being actively farmed and TRACKERS ARE YOUR BEST ALLY for recovering rockets in the crops. Many fields will be cultivated dirt at this time of year, but there's a chance you might land in a weedy pasture or waterway. Prepare now by acquiring a tracking system for your rockets.

Speaking of 50,000' waiver - if your planning on exceeding 23,000' you have to get your flight reviewed and approved ahead of time. Visit the AIRFest website flyer information page for the form. You'll need to get that submitted by July 31.

Just a few details:
T-Shirts will be available on-site in limited quantities: Sizes S-XL: $25 -- Size 2XL and up: $30.
Sweatshirts which are hoodies are preorder only.
G-and-Under Adult Flyers must register on-site and fly for FREE.
Students and TMP Youth Flyers must register on-site and fly for FREE.
Youth Model Rocket flyers fly for FREE and don’t need to register.
AIRFest 30 pre-registration will end August 3, but you will be able to register on-site at the Rocket Pasture during the event!
On-Site Registration Fee for High Power Flyers: $70.00

Look forward to seeing everyone there!

Amy Howell
Kloudbusters President

airfest30_square.jpg

Got our volunteer slots picked out, and noticed that sparkies are approved for this years Airfest!
Bringing the big guy and my favorite motor. Truly a spiritual experience to watch this flight, did it a few years ago and can't wait to do it again.

That needs to fly while I'm working at Away RSO.

I'll talk to Amy and convince her that it's an automatic decline if I'm not out there. :)

-Kevin

That needs to fly while I'm working at Away RSO.

I'll talk to Amy and convince her that it's an automatic decline if I'm not out there. :)

-Kevin

I'm sure we can make that happen, without getting Amy involved...:eek:

Room & board reservations made.

Registered.

Vacation request from work approved.

Then there's this...

rocketchick said:
Amy Howell
Kloudbusters President

Scary

Yes, camping is allowed.
Per the KloudBusters website "Range Info" tab:
"On-site camping is available at the launch site during scheduled launch days. There is no drinking water, electricity or waste dumping available for on-site campers. Most cellular phone subscribers have reasonably good cell service while on the Rocket Pasture. In some areas of the surrounding recovery area, the cellular coverage is less reliable."

Back