The End of an Era.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

I typed about this very subject until I was blue in the fingers. In an effort to draw people out and expose their techno addictions, I failed. Just like anyone with an addiction, you have to admit to yourself that you have one before you can fix it. Most of the replies did not want to address that. It's a long read. About 123 postings, but you'll get a clue that you and I are somewhat on the same page about this whereas very many aren't.
READ
:handshake: Yup, we are on the same page. Her is what I posted on a thread about rudeness

"One problem with this form of communication is that you can not see the persons body/attitude, inflection in ones voice, leaving out a key word/punctuation, etc. This can lead to missunderstandings. And yes, I have seen outright rude posts, that are rude just for the sake of being rude. Most of the time I adhere to the rule: If you can't say something nice, don't say anything."

Don't get me started, might offend someone, and the thread gets closed. It seems that somewhere in the last 40 years, people get offended by opinions. :facepalm: Yup, I better shut up.

Mimeograph. Holding your assignment up to your nose and inhaling deeply...ah, the purple memories.

[video=youtube;TS3PofKnFAM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS3PofKnFAM[/video]

Right at the end of the clip for you of the padded corner generation.

:handshake: Yup, we are on the same page. Her is what I posted on a thread about rudeness

"One problem with this form of communication is that you can not see the persons body/attitude, inflection in ones voice, leaving out a key word/punctuation, etc. This can lead to missunderstandings. And yes, I have seen outright rude posts, that are rude just for the sake of being rude. Most of the time I adhere to the rule: If you can't say something nice, don't say anything."

Don't get me started, might offend someone, and the thread gets closed. It seems that somewhere in the last 40 years, people get offended by opinions. :facepalm: Yup, I better shut up.

My mother would say "If you can't say something nice, say something vague."

My mother would say "If you can't say something nice, say something vague."

I learned my lesson with that post about Jose Canseco. It seems like other people can say what they want, but if I say something negative, something like that always happens...

Like at EA, an email meant to be a private critique of something got forwarded company wide. Oh well...

Back