Wildman Sport DD, AKA Billy The Kid

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Riley,,,
Really great build...
This thing came out fantastic...

Teddy

no, there are two #8 screws that thread into a threaded boss that is epoxied into the nose.
found some pictures from a different nosecone...
tVNXRRa4xHunTRq1tPNQa2UZNpqKbf374FC6mQsLXptTeJQBhnWIMbAnac6BmnLdYP0dq3hH2GWgGEJXiqXEIv0-CArVLOiy8hSYiQzBbff7PF4-7m-GY7bJuzlO_u0P8Y1btrl_pVmo70ujk1UmPFmy8IGf59wLXmdWjSBj2xi5aPI4C7syCJaEj4mEKc3BrD9hw2c8DC4Unsrfby0yD83Q1CLoFjqt8Sr8WTZO-UDZGJyPrpbxAiQginXEVIrv2qqcRmhDvTS6ybCg08v6iXXUCGsxgoMpler6v_Df-UtLdQkLN-0rVClkuGFo5mxtP-w5LPqiwJyd2rYKY7W7RaQ0Gd9QFozhseQI5HuqrkE6XEIpevxnFOytdGHQPdcvDVMyuwyAAj6WdulZQD9_1iVTvlVk5DmsvPjwg_qTH2CRbBBcx0lZOVqElQ0n-sudBXuj14pTi81drp5w8LUGPF6-aRl_qucVmnhturMBQl2BOqI09IeNgx9KljkxPyXKPINTYym2wVPsWpxGrzYa3nt7KPr4Ikh_QN9IxOpILC6hFm0mMQo0Zir0g8gOTpwquQTRV2NQ05JgLCKNufXo_11xfDgRfic=w496-h661-no

AHHH. I see now. I was cooking up something almost just like that and was contemplating putting screws through the NC shoulder to help hold. I'm glad to see it works great without the extra hardware.

Nice build and cool flights. I am itching to send my Wildman Sport up on one of those G76 greens!

Thanks for the info,
Mike

AHHH. I see now. I was cooking up something almost just like that and was contemplating putting screws through the NC shoulder to help hold. I'm glad to see it works great without the extra hardware.

Nice build and cool flights. I am itching to send my Wildman Sport up on one of those G76 greens!

Thanks for the info,
Mike

The G76 is one of my favorites. Great motor! FYI I found the polycarbonate nosecones like the one on the wildman sport didn't bond well to regular epoxy (bob smith 30min) I ended up using rocketpoxy for that one and have had no issues.

The G76 is one of my favorites. Great motor! FYI I found the polycarbonate nosecones like the one on the wildman sport didn't bond well to regular epoxy (bob smith 30min) I ended up using rocketpoxy for that one and have had no issues.

Good to know. I use US Composites 150 medium and have two different types of fillers: cabosil and faring compound. And have their Fasco 110 glue, which I think is about like rocketpoxy. Hopefully one of those will work.

My Sport has #10 all thread epoxied and foamed in the nose. It can hold an altimeter but the thread would probably mess with a tracker, and not enough room for one anyway. My avatar is my WM Sport on the G53FJ.

I was just wanting to try something different on my 2.6" build. It has a 38mm hole and can handle a 'J' (maybe), so a tracker will be a good idea. It has the poly Wildman nose cone so still good to know.

Mike

I also made this nose cone sled for my other GPS tracker to go into this rocket and the Scarab 54.
003.JPG

Poking around for ideas for my next project.... I do something similar to this, though I have a much bigger battery. What battery did you use for this application? I would like to find something that would work well from a small size standpoint but also a battery life standpoint.

Back