3D Printing Any interest in helping with a 5" Wildman Jayhawk custom 3D print need?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfjustin

Reaction score
Any interest in helping with a 5" Wildman Jayhawk custom 3D print need? Picking up one of these kits at Midwest Power this coming weekend from a fellow flyer.

I'm a sport scale guy, but I think the wire tunnel is kind of a must have. I have a 36" long piece of Wildman's 38mm tubing in hand, going to lop that in half length wise and that will serve as the wire tunnel main run. I have a LOC 38mm nose cone that can be halved as well, but it's way longer than the scale wire tunnel "cone/tip." Anyone want to take a crack as designing a half of a plug that would interface to a 38mm tube?

Thanks for looking! @jd2cylman for visibility...
Jayhawk drawing 1.gif

Is this the actual stl used?

I am having a friend in my local club try print this up to use with my 5.5" polecat jayhawk. Is this printed from the above stl file or were changes made to it?View attachment 632278

I didn't. But the STL was with the fiberglass tubing in 5" scale in mind, so you'll have to adjust the STL to be able to size it for paper tubing and 5.5"

I would greatly appreciate that!
Here you go. 2 versions to choose from. #1 is sized so that the 29mm tube should be cut lengthwise exactly in half. #2 is sized so that the center of the "cone" sits on the surface of the 4-inch airframe, rather than below the surface (hopefully that makes sense).

Attachments

• Jayhawk 4in-29mm 1.stl
    263.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Jayhawk 4in-29mm 2.stl
    310.1 KB · Views: 0
Back