Quantcast

Wildman Mach 3

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

rfjustin

Reaction score
Justin, tell me about the black marks on the fin.
Helps me maintain a near knife edge bevel (especially on fins that were already beveled in a different fashion). Having said knife edge bevel also ensures I get that critical first fin on dead nuts straight.

Nytrunner

Pop lugs, not drugs
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Helps me maintain a near knife edge bevel (especially on fins that were already beveled in a different fashion). Having said knife edge bevel also ensures I get that critical first fin on dead nuts straight.
Does the knife edge allow you to line it up with the tube marks better? What's your beveling setup? (carbide table saw or sanding disk)

Rob702Martinez

Zip-Tie Oversight Committee
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
YESSSSSS!! This is on my list to get this year for my L3. Looking forward to your build. Tha is for posting it.

Rob702Martinez

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I like the solid rod ends you're using. I'm starting to integrate them into my builds. That fence on your router table, is it 90° and you let the bit do the work?

jd2cylman

Still not Carl... ;-)
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
That's a mighty small drogue bay... :p:p

rfjustin

Reaction score
So that's fillet 2 of 4 done, starting to map out the nose cone, switch band, etc. Need to place a Missile Works order as well...

ThePlmbr

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello Justin. Very impressive build. Hope you are well. Take care. Greg Olson

rfjustin

Reaction score
Back to the PVC cap (cause I'm still not gettin' it)...
It's a cheap and dirty epoxy dam. Once the plate was installed in the booster, I needed a way to ensure I would not compromise the 7/16" center hole with epoxy flow. Since plate is both drogue attachment point and motor retention in one, I needed to keep it clean on both sides.

Rob702Martinez

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
It's a cheap and dirty epoxy dam. Once the plate was installed in the booster, I needed a way to ensure I would not compromise the 7/16" center hole with epoxy flow. Since plate is both drogue attachment point and motor retention in one, I needed to keep it clean on both sides.
Then you just knock it out of there orbit becomes part of the rocket after adhesive is in there but keeps it away from the center bolt?

Latest posts