Wildman Mach 3

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justin, tell me about the black marks on the fin.
Helps me maintain a near knife edge bevel (especially on fins that were already beveled in a different fashion). Having said knife edge bevel also ensures I get that critical first fin on dead nuts straight.

Helps me maintain a near knife edge bevel (especially on fins that were already beveled in a different fashion). Having said knife edge bevel also ensures I get that critical first fin on dead nuts straight.

Does the knife edge allow you to line it up with the tube marks better? What's your beveling setup? (carbide table saw or sanding disk)

So that's fillet 2 of 4 done, starting to map out the nose cone, switch band, etc. Need to place a Missile Works order as well...

Back to the PVC cap (cause I'm still not gettin' it)...
It's a cheap and dirty epoxy dam. Once the plate was installed in the booster, I needed a way to ensure I would not compromise the 7/16" center hole with epoxy flow. Since plate is both drogue attachment point and motor retention in one, I needed to keep it clean on both sides.

It's a cheap and dirty epoxy dam. Once the plate was installed in the booster, I needed a way to ensure I would not compromise the 7/16" center hole with epoxy flow. Since plate is both drogue attachment point and motor retention in one, I needed to keep it clean on both sides.

Then you just knock it out of there orbit becomes part of the rocket after adhesive is in there but keeps it away from the center bolt?

Back