Who Is Right?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was at a hobby store earlier this week (I'm not going to name names publicly, I will through PM), and I wanted to buy some B6-4s, and the cashier wouldn't sell them to me because I wasn't 16. When I told him that 14 was the minimum age, as it said on the package, he told me that it was something in the Patriot Act. What?!:kill:

So who is right?
Federal law (Consumer Product Safety Commission) prohibits the sale of single use model rockets (up to F impulse) to anyone below 14 years of age and apparently the use of model rocket motors by those under 12 year of age. The sale of G-inpulse motors (and above) and ALL reloadable motors to anyone under 18 is prohibited.

Individual states can add further restrictions to minors under 18. Some states further limit model rocket motor sales by impulse to those under 18. For example NJ restricts minors to C impulse, CA to D-impulse. Check your state laws for details. Most states have an on-line searchable index for their laws and regulations.

Bob

they were supposed to do somethign similar here; locking up the paints. but no go.

One local politician was trying to push through a ban on rattle cans, complaining about all the grafiti between downtown & the west end (the airport). But dosen't mind the 120+ billboards that adorn the hiway edge.

(And soemone has recently taken to painting 'band-aids on various bits of infrastructure!! Quebec is known for deteriorating roads & bridges..)

Maybe folks up there should kill 2 birds with one stone, and make a statement while dealing with all the eye pollution from the billboards. Here's a recent effort by the "Billboard Liberation Front". :rotflol:

2299003026_0c770fdc06.jpg

In Rhode Island many places that sell moters will not sell to anyone under 18 or even 21 in some stores. I bought from walmart a large bulk of moters they had on clearence 3 cases worth of mixed moters. They had a field day. security took my photo, copied my driverlicence, and personal information. Their reasioning was because of the amount they wanted to cover their a%%es. and the amount. but come on a buck a pack i couldn't pass it up.

Back