Who is excited for winter?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without the Sun even at the distance of 93 million miles away, nothing lives, and we never get to see this

So, when I'm laying on my deathbed if someone asks me what the best thing in life was, my answer is going to be a gasped-out, "Blonds!!". ;)

on the other hand...I haven't seen a mosquito in weeks :).
Rex

I had a little free time Monday and got outside for a bit. Killed one of the SOBs on my arm. This was 3 days after we had 2 days of below freezing temps. I have yet to be made a believer that cold weather kills mosquitoes.

All this talk bbout Seattle. Sounds like a place I need to be! I'd miss the good ole Southern food too much.
An example of our winter:I was wearing my poly pros yesterday and running the A/C today. If you don't like the weather here just wait 5 minutes, it'll change.

I had a little free time Monday and got outside for a bit. Killed one of the SOBs on my arm. This was 3 days after we had 2 days of below freezing temps. I have yet to be made a believer that cold weather kills mosquitoes.

All this talk bbout Seattle. Sounds like a place I need to be! I'd miss the good ole Southern food too much.
An example of our winter:I was wearing my poly pros yesterday and running the A/C today. If you don't like the weather here just wait 5 minutes, it'll change.

This thread reinforces my decision to live here. 7* lows? I'll pass, thanks. :) Yesterday was about the coldest we've seen in 3-5 years, low of 25 and a high of 31. Seattle does have its problems, too. Among them home prices. A house a couple of blocks over (4BR, 4BA, 3000 sq ft on a 4000 sq ft lot and a mountain view) just sold for $1.35M. :eyepop: A teardown will cost you $500K easily.

If you do visit Seattle, late July and early August are the most reliable weather times. May is usually nice, and June is often terrible until July 5 when summer usually arrives.

I worked construction in Michigan year around.
Black rubber roofs in the summer, freezing gold winds in the winter.
As I get older, it's harder for me to deal with heat and humidity.
Harder to breath. The cold don't bother me a bit, you just have to dress for it.
Now take my wife, from Saipan. She doesn't know what pants are.
She goes around in shorts year round.
We walk into a store together and she has on a hoody and shorts.
I have my insulated boots, lined jeans, heavy flannel and wind/rain proof camo.
We get the strangest looks in the Winter.

Those legs go all the way up to the firm bottom foundation of the curvatious top end, the warm sunlight reflects off the surface. (I'm talking about the SS railing)

Back