Winter Fun(nies)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That line at the end though.

the angry birds movie burn GIF by Angry Birds

Neighborhood snowball fight one winter in the 70's. My neighbor, who I disliked, got up from behind one snowpile and ran for another one, throwing snowball after snowball as he ran. I had one snowball left and fired it from about 100', just in front of him. Caught him in the nads, just as he ran out of ammo and jumped behind the second snowpile. Thus ended the snowball fight. He was down, moaning and clutching the family jewels. Everyone else was on the ground laughing. Years later he went to prison for murder, but it wasn't his fault. Nothing was. Ever.

Neighborhood snowball fight one winter in the 70's. My neighbor, who I disliked, got up from behind one snowpile and ran for another one, throwing snowball after snowball as he ran. I had one snowball left and fired it from about 100', just in front of him. Caught him in the nads, just as he ran out of ammo and jumped behind the second snowpile. Thus ended the snowball fight. He was down, moaning and clutching the family jewels. Everyone else was on the ground laughing. Years later he went to prison for murder, but it wasn't his fault. Nothing was. Ever.
Excellent shot! When I was I college, we had 2 frat houses across the street from us, separated by a couple of non-college homes. The houses on that street were fairly close together. So we'd get between two houses, load up on snowballs, synchronize our watches, and at the appointed time blast each frat house, then quietly slip though the back yards to our apartment and watch the snowball fight from our front window. Good times!

Excellent shot! When I was I college, we had 2 frat houses across the street from us, separated by a couple of non-college homes. The houses on that street were fairly close together. So we'd get between two houses, load up on snowballs, synchronize our watches, and at the appointed time blast each frat house, then quietly slip though the back yards to our apartment and watch the snowball fight from our front window. Good times!
We really only had one snow event of note when I was in college. We got a mid-morning storm that dumped a decent amount of wet snow that was accumulating faster than they could shovel it away. We were having a rolling snowball fight among friends (and anyone who wanted to join,) as we crossed campus, and at one point saw one of our freshman professors walking ahead of us. I made a good one with his name on it and unleashed my inner Dave Parker. As soon as I let it go I knew it was going to hit him. I watched as long as I dared, and just before impact we took off for the stairs between the buildings. We didn't stop running until we were at the car. I was a little paranoid that we'd be turned in because there were a lot of students around, but we finally decided that no one paid attention to us anyway, so the description would be "Those loud guys". The two guys I was with were bad influences on me and were invited to take a vacation at the end of the semester. I still see one of them regularly, so I'll have a chance to see if he remembers this on Monday.

Dang... Sounds like the guy got what he deserved, and justice was served. Sorry to hear that last part (that there was a victim of this guy).

My snowball fight technique? A fully loaded, largest I could afford, Super Soaker... I mean... Why bring a snowball to a Super Soaker Fight? I win!!!

Last edited:
When I was eight or nine a bunch of were having a snowball fight. Some of the kids were bumper skiing. Others were throwing snowballs at cars. I thought I would see if I could hit a car. I lead the car and the snowball seemed to arc right into the car. The guy slammed on the brakes. I ran like I was being chased by the abominable Snowman. One of my suitemates had a motorcycle with a studded rear wheel. We had a blizzard that shut Michigan State down. I can still see him running all over in the snow. The studs were about a inch long.

Back