Which Sci-Fi/TV/Film tie-in scale model?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a couple options for all us B5 fans: The EarthForce shuttle, and the Thunderbolt.

Don't expect me to make 'em... I'm not that good yet!

Doh, I forgot... another favorite of mine: the Eagle transporter from "Space: 1999".

Anybody remember the bug-like interceptors from Gerry Anderson's UFO? Or how about Starbug from Red Dwarf? Or how about the Space:1999 Hawk or Eagle? (Centuri once did an eagle, which was ok, but stacked on a tube with four fins) I would think that you could put some clear fins on the back of that thing and have some fun. The Eagle always looked real utilitarion to me, and was always one of my faves!

Dave

hokkyokusei had the pic..... those "bug like interceptors from Gerry Anderson's UFO," He knew what I was thinking!!!!!

Thanks for the pic! That brings back memories!

Dave

The "Vulture" from Salvage-1. Would make a nice three motor cluster. Estes actually had a prototype in the works but it died when the show was cancelled.

An Estes Viper re-release would be nice.

The Eagle transporter was already produced by Centuri.

I have some nice detailed 3D models of the Anderson UFO, Interceptor and the SkyDiver. Anyone want them? They are in Lightwave7 format but I can convert them to 3DS. format.

shrox

I'm going to build a model of the winnabago that Lonestar and Barf flew in the Mel Brooks film... SPACEBALLS...!!!
a very funny... dumb but funny movie...LOL

Originally posted by Steward

I'm going to build a model of the winnabago that Lonestar and Barf flew in the Mel Brooks film... SPACEBALLS...!!!
a very funny... dumb but funny movie...LOL

Silly Movie...

They shoulda used a GMC!

Yeah, a flying EM-50. That would be cool. The thing already has an Aluminum Aircraft frame.

I hate "Spaceballs". But at the end of "History of the World, Part 1" there is a little short film called "Jews in Space", it was very funny, I liked the giant space cruising Star of David shaped ships. Model one of those!!

shrox

History of the world.

Blazing saddles.

Ahh the good ol'e days before "PC" (politically correct), tree huggin, driving in the left lane below the speed limit and won't GTF outta the way weenies took over the country.:(

You couldn't make a movie like those today.

Speaking of sci-fi, does it sometimes seem that some of those movies from the 1970's are coming true? The corporate control depicted in "Rollerball", the desperation of the cities in "Soylet Green", the uncertainty of a viable future in "Planet of the Apes".

Funny also how Evel Kinevel got more publicity for jumping a steam cycle over a canyon than the first private spaceship has received. (I am a little jealous only because of the X-Prize committee's decision to reject me, good luck to the endeavor though.)

shrox

Originally posted by shrox
Funny also how Evel Kinevel got more publicity for jumping a steam cycle over a canyon than the first private spaceship has received.

Well, Evel got a lot of exposure on ABC's Wide World of Sports, and was pretty much a cultural icon by the time he tried the Snake River Canyon jump. Hell, they even made a biographical movie about him (starring George Hamilton as Evel).

And, I think part of the reason so many people watched him (on that jump, and all the motorcycle jumps) was to see if he crashed (and if he crashed, if he survived).

Hey OKTurbo, another thing people don't think about where plastic is going to come from with no cheap oil. Losing petroleum as a cheap resource will force enormous changes in packaging and other throw away plastics.

shrox

The Icarus from the original Planet of the Apes.
Colonial Viper, old or new.

Originally posted by vjp
O.k., here are my ideas:

"Space Ark" from "When Worlds Collide", a sci-fi classic and NICE clean lines. All the ogive curves would make this hard to model, though. Extra credit if you can work a glide recovery.

DONE!
Check out our rendition of "THE" classic 50's spaceship.

No gliding though....
But she falls really well.

Back