• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Estes #2144 - Darth Vader's Tie FIghter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
Somehow, I'm not really sure how since I don't care much for them, I wound up with a lot of the Star Wars merchandise rockets. Darth Vader's Tie Fighter is one of them. For the hypothetical person who does not know, it is a fantasy scale of the famous ship from the movie franchise. To fly, though, the kid adds a "probe" that gives some stability. Attempted flight without the probe would likely be lots of fun but not very safe or effective. The kit is new and unopened, though I'm not sure what that "means" with these boxed kits.

I checked around on Ebay and asking $40, a bit less than the average.

This kit is offered for sale in an effort to liquidate my collection of kits and is being offered via cross postings on The Rocketry Forum and Ye Olde Rocket Forum. The price indicated is what I have determined by looking for evidence of similar sales but, admittedly, might reflect a poor judgement on my part. I'm just doing the best that I can. The price does NOT include shipping. Interested persons are invited to contact me via PM and I will calculate the shipping. Payment is expected by means of PayPal, Zelle or Venmo. My intention is to make shipments twice per week after confirming receipt of funds. I will try to give the most accurate descriptions I am able to provide and will happily answer any specific questions either by PM or within the post thread.

20210806_204559.jpg

Attachments

• 20210806_204610.jpg
    20210806_204610.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210806_204618.jpg
    20210806_204618.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210806_204646.jpg
    20210806_204646.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210806_204702.jpg
    20210806_204702.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210806_204625.jpg
    20210806_204625.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 15
I'm considering it, but your OP mentions you have other Star Wars rockets alongside this one. Can I ask what other ones you have? I might be interested in a few others.

Sure.

I can give you a partial answer. I have lots of boxes filling a room and I am emptying the boxes one by one. I hope to actually be able to get in the room after 4 more boxes.

I just started the 2nd box and the Darth Vader Tie Fighter was one of the first to come out. I noticed several other Star Wars in that box. I will be glad to get them all out and listed today. I'm actually off today. It will take me a few hours but I promise I will get it done.

As for other boxes, I have no idea which they would be in and searching for them would cause marital problems. They will have to wait until I clear out some more.

Price Reduced to Sell

Price reduced to $30

Sure.

I can give you a partial answer. I have lots of boxes filling a room and I am emptying the boxes one by one. I hope to actually be able to get in the room after 4 more boxes.

I just started the 2nd box and the Darth Vader Tie Fighter was one of the first to come out. I noticed several other Star Wars in that box. I will be glad to get them all out and listed today. I'm actually off today. It will take me a few hours but I promise I will get it done.

As for other boxes, I have no idea which they would be in and searching for them would cause marital problems. They will have to wait until I clear out some more.
I would be interested in buying a few boxes full if you are interested.

I'm interested in the star wars stuff. Particularly the TIE and X wing if you have it.

I'm interested in the star wars stuff. Particularly the TIE and X wing if you have it.

I know there i plenty of Star Wars Stuff. There's a few items still up right now including a Star Destroyer.

I know there i plenty of Star Wars Stuff. There's a few items still up right now including a Star Destroyer.
My apologies JAL, I thought you were selling them by way of the forum here. I was looking to connect with you directly to purchase. I see your other posts that they have been sold. If you are still selling any, please let me know how to purchase. Thank you!

My apologies JAL, I thought you were selling them by way of the forum here. I was looking to connect with you directly to purchase. I see your other posts that they have been sold. If you are still selling any, please let me know how to purchase. Thank you!

I think were are talking at cross purposes.

I am selling here on TRF and on YORF. Each listing is posted to both places. I just looked through my list and it seems that the only other Star Wars item that is currently listed is the Estes 2147 Star Wars Star Destroyer. I guess all of the other listed Star Wars stuff has sold. That does not mean there will not be more in the future.

I am basically getting rid of everything I have and "everything" encompasses many, many boxes of rockets; so many that I cannot currently get into the room in which they are stored. I just open the door and take a few more out of the box.

I have no idea of what is in the boxes specifically. They were with me in Aransas Pass when Hurricane Harvey made landfall. About a third of them were destroyed and many of the others were strewn about. I did not repack them. I was working with evacuees in San Antonio. Members of my congregation gathered what they could and randomly packed them in new boxes. Those boxes have remained sealed.

There are lots of rockets that I know that I once had but I don't know if they were survivors of the hurricane. I also gave away several boxes to the local high school at my next assignment. The ones currently filling up the guest room and making the wife mad are the ones that made it home with me when I was reassinged back to San Antonio last July. They were stashed in the guest room with the promise that I would dispose of them. That made Gracie happy. Realizing just how long the process will take brings up the "difficulties" once again.

I try to post something every day. Some days, I get several things posted. Some days, I am exhausted when I get home from the hospitals and get nothing posted but those days are few.

I think were are talking at cross purposes.

I am selling here on TRF and on YORF. Each listing is posted to both places. I just looked through my list and it seems that the only other Star Wars item that is currently listed is the Estes 2147 Star Wars Star Destroyer. I guess all of the other listed Star Wars stuff has sold. That does not mean there will not be more in the future.

I am basically getting rid of everything I have and "everything" encompasses many, many boxes of rockets; so many that I cannot currently get into the room in which they are stored. I just open the door and take a few more out of the box.

I have no idea of what is in the boxes specifically. They were with me in Aransas Pass when Hurricane Harvey made landfall. About a third of them were destroyed and many of the others were strewn about. I did not repack them. I was working with evacuees in San Antonio. Members of my congregation gathered what they could and randomly packed them in new boxes. Those boxes have remained sealed.

There are lots of rockets that I know that I once had but I don't know if they were survivors of the hurricane. I also gave away several boxes to the local high school at my next assignment. The ones currently filling up the guest room and making the wife mad are the ones that made it home with me when I was reassinged back to San Antonio last July. They were stashed in the guest room with the promise that I would dispose of them. That made Gracie happy. Realizing just how long the process will take brings up the "difficulties" once again.

I try to post something every day. Some days, I get several things posted. Some days, I am exhausted when I get home from the hospitals and get nothing posted but those days are few.
Thank you! I'll keep an eye as you post more!

Back