What's up with Rebar?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is unfortunate. Hurricane Katrina is over, why hasn't anything happened for refunds?

Paypal notified me of a $40 refund from rebar. I waited until I could verify my card statement before I counted my chickens. Sure enough the $40 was there.

I feel sorry for those that are still waiting for a refund.

[RANT]
I am certainly upset by the experience with rebar. There are certain things that you must prioritize. A small business is one of them. His customer service will destroy the company, not a hurricane. Rebar's trouble started before Katrina, and continued long after.

If money was accepted and product not shipped, then the money should ALL be available for a refund. Using the proceeds from unfilled web orders is ethically wrong. Now there is a situation that customers have to wait for the refund. I see the withdrawl of funds as an ill-willed gesture, approaching fraudulent.

I have changed my online purchasing practices. I buy from vendors I can drive to if need be. Support the local vendors that support the hobby.
[/RANT]

From Linux
I have changed my online purchasing practices. I buy from vendors I can drive to if need be. Support the local vendors that support the hobby.

I wouldnt let one bad purchase ruin your online vendor buying.

Don't you think you should let this go, UMRS? Otherwise, we may have to expand the discussion to include items most of your customers here may not be aware of.

Originally posted by prowlerguy
Don't you think you should let this go, UMRS? Otherwise, we may have to expand the discussion to include items most of your customers here may not be aware of.

Please expand Im very interested, however show member Gus some courtesy and at least start a new thread;)

Hey guys,

I'd like to ask that we call this one quits. I think everyone agrees that what REBAR has recently done is wrong and I am equally certain his business will pay for it.

The previous few posts indicate that we border on draggin' out the dirty laundry and starting a flame war, which will cause the mods to step in, then we get upset because of the moderation, yada, yada, etc., ad nauseum. It would be better, IMHO, if we just police this ourselves and walk away.

A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back