What's in your fleet?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always like to see what kits/models people have in their collection!

Here's a few of the collectable kits I have.

Nice Bob!
I'll trade you a 1992 Estes Catalog for all three! No? I didn't think so. How about if I throw in a 1989 Enertek catalog autographed by BILL STINE AND a kleenex used by Leroy Piester???.

Leo,
What other kits are you looking for? I have quite a few others to trade. Let me know, I'll post some pictures if I got em.

so far i got about 32 made and working on # 33
11 of them are home made

Originally posted by rokitflite
Nice Bob!
I'll trade you a 1992 Estes Catalog for all three! No? I didn't think so. How about if I throw in a 1989 Enertek catalog autographed by BILL STINE AND a kleenex used by Leroy Piester???.

Scott,

"I...I don't have time..."

Originally posted by rokitflite
Hey Kelltym88! Way to go! One of the rockets that I have been hunting for is that Super Vega. The ones on ebay keep going for more and more. I have heard rumblings that it is one of the kits that Estes MIGHT re-release but I am not holding my breath. Since I have not seen too many up here, I am posting a picture of my "moldin' oldies" from back in the days when rocketry was the hobby to be into!

PS. Congrats on over 50 posts! It made me look at my #!

rockeflite:
Check this outhttps://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3180384169&category=2567

Just saw this thread... I dont know if you are silly or briliant asking to see peoples fleets..... your in-box will be ringing off the hook if you have the email notification on like I do.... OK. Down to buisness. I dont have any pics of my rocket fleet, and I dont want to bore you wiht 1000 individual pics. I might share some of the best ones, but Im not sure... Heres the list of currently active rockets, biggest to smallest:

MSH 4" V2
Yank 3" IQSY Tomahawk
LOC Forte'
AT IQSY Tomahawk
AT Mustang (stretched for RCC2X altimeter)
Missile Works 1.5" ASP (clone. LOC custom work)
LOC Legacy (purchased from Rocketboy G80. No, I still havent flown it, if your wondering.;))
MB1
Fliskits Dueces Wild! (needs some repair work, but thats almost done)
Hawk Mountain Raptor
scratch built, no name, BT55 based rocket.

Yep. heres my first mid power. One of my fauvorite rockets. THe AT IQSY Tomahawk.
Scratch built 24MM IQSY Tomahawk
Scratch built, no name, BT50 based rocket, 18MM motor mount
Scratch built, BT20 based no-namer
Scratch built BT20 IQSY Tomahawk (2. One boiler plate, one good one)
Scratch Built BT5 IQSY Tomahawk
shortend BT5 IQSY Tomahawk (it used to be the boiler plate model for the other one)
Scratch built 3" 13MM flying saucer
Scratch built 4.5" 18MM flying saucer
Scratch built 5" 18MM flying saucer

Recently lost rockets:
"lucky". Stretched Mosquito clone
Alpha 3
another BT20 based scratch.

In the planning stages (in no particular order. These may or may not be made. Though the ARCAS rockets look very likely) :
full-scale HV Arcas
Half-scale HV Arcas
4.24" diameter sport bird (called "my precious")
4.24" diameter sport bird (called "big dumb rocket")
a few 2" mailing tube rockets
A few 3" mailing tube rockets
Crayon rocket (4")
Crayon rocket (5", if I can get one)
A few more flying saucers
A few more spool rockets

Sorry for such a long post.... Ill see if I can dig up a good pic of one of my rockets to make it all worth it.
;) :D :D :cool:

Didn't realize we were including unbuilt kits. Don't think my walls of flame are quite as extensive as Carls but I have somewhere around 250+ collector kits and about 200 plastic model kits Jets and rockets only:) again way to many to have pics of;)
heres one small partical wall.. mostly to be built kits:)

Geez.... You got a lot of kits.... Why are you hoarding them? unless they are vintage Centuri or Estes or something that makes them special, why are you just hangin em on a wall? That Big Daddy doesent look that old.... Are you just keeping them as long as you can so that when you are 90 years old they are worth something?:D ;) :p :kill: :eek: In that case, buy a few anneversary-edition saturn Vs and put em in a vault at the bank, and leave the keys to the vault to your great-great-great grandkid! They will be worth something THEN!:eek: :cool: :rolleyes: :eek:

Neil:
Most of my Kit stash is OLD collector kits, As I said that one littlle corner pic is the only one I have that shows some of the "Stock" laying around the shop They are intended to be built at some point. Your right!, I have 3 Estes Saturn-V's, a couple Saturn-1bs in the 1/100th size and 1/70 scale as well, Mars landers in full size and mini size. interceptors, Der Red Max, Omaga, I even have an unopened Cinaroc super-* mm movie camera.....and on & on in estes and centuri mod-Roc kits.
AS well as collecting PMC-able Rockets and jets...well a few Tanks thrown in just for convesion fun:) Here's a pic from that same gruop of pics..." a look around the front room shop" that shows one cabinet crammed with plastic models. 1/144 to 1/32 scales:)

Neil:
Here the 6 page composite pc looking 360degrees around the front basement room of my townhouse "model making center":D the back room is the wood&metalwork shop where I construct all the launch and range equipment.:D Ya just collect a lot of "Stuff" in 35 or 40 years in a hobby:D:D

I was JOKING when I made that comment about the Saturn Vs...:rolleyes: Have you got any idea how much the stuff in there is WORTH? I bet its almost to $100,000 if you sold it ALL on Ebay! Dont let the IRS know... They might want to tax them!:eek: :rolleyes: :kill: :p

Yeah, you wife WILL have one heck of a yardsale! ON EBAY! Shes gonna be rakin in the millions....:eek: :cool: :rolleyes: :p :kill:

Man!! That is quite a pile o' rocket stuff!!

Here is a link to pics of my work area.

I thought I had too much lying around:

https://towrowrow.tripod.com/astronboy/id40.html

Above the desk are my unbuilt MPC kits, some starter sets, Maxi V2s and Honest Johns, Sat V. To the left is a helving unit. You can just see the front end on boxes of body tubes, nosecones, centering rings, and other parts all sorted out into fishing tackle boxes, or Xerox boxes.

In the 2nd pic is a scene from my finishing area. The 'paint booth' is no more, as the weather is getting warmer. I will be installing a true booth sometime this year.

3rd is the design area with more kit storage. This computer recently crashed, so I will be looking for another 2nd hand machine soon.

The bottom is another fleet pic.

Not in the scene are my Goonybirds, unbuilt in the boxes, as well as some original builtups. Also, my boxed Citation kits and Alpha collection are upstairs in the spare bedroom.

Fred

NOW do you guy's see why I'm building mostly Micro's???
I'm out of room, the 5 x 8 foot wood shed is full of bass'in gear and overflow plastic model kits, My 10x10 x 12 shed is crammed with standard and LMR model rockets and launch gears. the master bedroom walls look more like a hobby shop than a bedroom, I even built a shelf in the stair well leading upstairs to house a few of the larger LMRs and National trophies;) but ya can't see the trophies for the models:D At this point I'm not sure where the new Micro DRM launcher/scene will end up.. I'm to that point... I think I may have to take Neils advice and put some of this stuff up on e-bay soon;)

Wow John.
That is a cramped shop! You are not the smallest guy I've met either! I have resigned myself to the fact that I can't have all of my unbuilt rocket kits out on display like I'd like to. They are all boxed in the loft now. I organized them all several months ago and took pictures, so I just have to see them as a Kodak moment for now!

Here are some pictures of my fleet and collection of unbuilt kits:

In my room:

East Wall:
https://n3tjm.crosswinds.net/Missile-aneuos/Fleet/East_Wall.jpg
https://n3tjm.crosswinds.net/Missile-aneuos/Fleet/West_Wall.jpg
https://n3tjm.crosswinds.net/Missile-aneuos/Fleet/North_Wall.jpg

In the garage:

https://n3tjm.crosswinds.net/Missile-aneuos/Fleet/Messy_Workbench.jpg
https://n3tjm.crosswinds.net/Missile-aneuos/Fleet/Ceiling.jpg

I also have a Unbuilt Aerotech Phoenix that I am going to clone one of these days.

At Jakes house, under construction are the following:

Fliskits
Praetor
RR

Thrustline
Beta Test Rocekt

Semroc
Sky Hook
Hyper X
Hydra VII

Squirel Works
Red Baron

GARDEI
DNAYSAUR

Wow Doug...bunches of rockets! I'm halfway jealous! Talking about a messy workbench....LOL. On my birthday, of all days, my mom makes me clean my room/workplace...meh. At least now I can SEE my workbench! I think that YOUR workbench is a lost cause. You might as well just put a big black trash bag on one end and dump everything in that! LOL! Carl, don't look at Doug's workbench pics...you'll puke! J/K Doug!

:D :D :D

Jason

If you have any Sport Rocketry magazines back in 1996 era, you will see a series of Rocket Reviews called "From the Messy Workbench." Those articles were mine.. you can probabily guess where I got the name from ;)

Where did you GET all those?!?! theres one more at a local hobby shop... ya want it? Its $99 or soemthing....:cool: ;) again. WHERE DID YOU GET ALL THOSE!?

Everyones got more rockets than me....

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT EBAY!!!!!!! My mom wont let me buy stuff on EBAY!!!! Sell em here. do you have a fatboy?:D What about an Estes Phoenix?:cool: I want to modify both of those for better motor mounts. 29MM in the Phoenix, and 1 24MM, 7 18MM in the fatboy.:cool: How much do you want for that Big daddy? (I have to keep reminding myself I am saving up for a full scale ARCAS.... MUST....SAVE....MONEY.... Oh well. Im almost there. Then I can go back to my money-spending ways!:D :cool:

Hi Neil,
Well, I have been collecting for 20 years now so that has helped my rocket addiction to grow for quite a while. I worked at a hobby shop where I got things at cost, so a few years back those Saturns only cost me $32.99 each. Tell your Mom that ebay is not too wicked a place, just make sure you read item descriptions carefully and pay attention to the photographs and peoples feedback!!!

Ill have no luck.... My mom has an Ebay account, and she had a very bad experience with Ebay. She really wanted this set of book ends, you see.....:rolleyes: The bidding thingy wouldent work, and she got all worked up. Then she forgot her password....:eek: :rolleyes: She gave up, then Ebay sent her an email that, out of sheer luck, contained her username and password. now she has it written on our computer somewhere (forget where), and if I see something REALLY special, she might let me, but otherwise..... SHe has a grudge agains Ebay.:rolleyes: :kill: :eek:

What was the hobby shop called, and why did they have so many Saturn Vs in stock!?

Oh. BTW. Whever she catches me looking at rocket stuff on Ebay, she says I am wasting my time, and then promply goes to the library to "get me some reading material". Lesse.... Is there a connection? I still search ebay once a week or so to see if there is anything worth bringing the subject up again....:rolleyes:

Hi Neil,
The shop got them because I ordered them (being the manager has its benefits). I always get several of the ones that I feel will be scarce in a few years. I got quite a few of the Orbital Transport re-release and it was a good thing because I did not realize how limited the production was! I will attempt to do the same thing with the Outlander because I am guessing it will either not be around long, or the price is going to jump up kinda quickly on it. Here is a picture of my original unbuilt kit collection back in 1982 or so, I was 15 at the time.

LOL.... I guess being manager WOULD have benifits....:D ;) :p Can you list all the stuff you have gotten yourself from your shop?:p ;) :cool: :eek:

I can relate to all of you folks with the messy shop tables!!! I have not built anything on my bench top for about three years!!! It is more of a storage area for stuff I am working on. Projects go from the work table, upstairs to the living room floor where I actually work on it. When company comes over it goes back down onto the work table. The attached picture is a look into the basement "workshop" as of a few weeks ago. I have started a MAJOR reorganization, the floor is all clear, now I've got to start working on the table tops!!!

Neil,
I really don't have much of the newer rockets from my shop. The only really noteworthy stuff that came from there are some Explorer Aquarius' (would that be Aquar-i?), Pathfinder, Maxi Alpha III re-release, BT-80 V-2 re-release, Super Big Bertha and Honest John re-releases, Mercury Atlas, Saturn V, Orbital Transport and Maxi V-2. Most of my collection is from 1978-1990 which is well before I started working there.

Once it warms up, my workshop will look like a tornado hit it. BUt untill then, it just holds a half-completed Tres, and a few of my built rockets. But just wait another 2 or 3 months.....:eek: :cool: :D ;)

Originally posted by CTulanko
Don't have time to take any good pics...this one is already uploaded...MOST of my small collectables are on the "Wall of Flame" ... which has turned more into a room of flame. Just think, getting to go to bed every nite and look at the rockets, then slip into a nice dreamy state traversing the unknown usiverse on a old Estes S....

184 across 4 walls hung so far...big stuff is stored elsewhere and a few more to hang yet...

<a href="https://www.rocketryforum.com/reviews/wallnew.jpg">Wall of Flame</a>

Carl

Carl, LOL!

I just saw this now, while searching for something else.

I love that you left room around the crucifix!

184 across 4 walls hung so far...big stuff is stored elsewhere and a few more to hang yet...

THAT'S the "guest" room!

When I go there I can't sleep!

Back