What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Installed 4 of these lights in the garage today. 14400 lumens of goodness...it's like high noon at any time of day. :cool:

I'm blaming you directly for my being $50 poorer, and having really fun back spasms. After seeing your post, and doing some research, during morning rounds I picked up two LED replacement bulbs for the kitchen overhead light fixture. Turns out only two replacement bulbs are needed in the four bulb fixture. One of the main reasons for doing this, while I still have most of a box of new fluorescent bulbs, is that I should NEVER have to replace them again! Next month - the undercounter fixtures!

Le sigh... Estes' sales. It's not like I don't have "enough" kits, and even enough already in the build pile. But 7 more are on their way....

Helped my dad get started the finishing touches of his RW Adventurer 3. He's going to use it to get his L2 cert this summer.

worked on the design of this
RocketFullPoplar.PNG
Which is an octagonal Wooden rocket, and i went out and got the slats to make it. I plan to start cutting the wood on Monday (and may be make a build thread if i remember to take photos...) Now i need to figure out paint scheme for it.

I'm blaming you directly for my being $50 poorer, and having really fun back spasms. After seeing your post, and doing some research, during morning rounds I picked up two LED replacement bulbs for the kitchen overhead light fixture. Turns out only two replacement bulbs are needed in the four bulb fixture. One of the main reasons for doing this, while I still have most of a box of new fluorescent bulbs, is that I should NEVER have to replace them again! Next month - the undercounter fixtures!

I feel like such an enabler. Part of the garage project was changing out the dusk to dawn light that hummed loudly, drove my wife nuts. I liked the garage lights so much I went with an LED d2d too.

I'm about 75% throusgh the garage wiring/rewiring. I've only shocked myself once. There was a 3 switch box that used 3 different circuits...only turned off two of the breakers.

I'm about 75% throusgh the garage wiring/rewiring. I've only shocked myself once. There was a 3 switch box that used 3 different circuits...only turned off two of the breakers.

That's known as "testing the life insurance"...

Today, I finished basic construction of the upscaled Astron Cobra. Next for that will be filler and paint, but that may wait for warmer weather. So, I went through the tote of kits that were purchased over the past couple months but not added to the inventory spreadsheet. So I updated that. Then I started building of Semroc's IRIS kit...

I pulled some carbon sleeve over this tube and nose cone the last few days. Did two layers, 1.6 oz so far.

Finished my Cobalt (needs a final clear coat) and started working on BT60 ARCAS.
04ef2f8b47bb7212d97d7a3a77e5c6fa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Continued working on the ARCAS fin can.
df3d47ea6cd2d52c0b456ebc92e2ea12.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

This is about my rocket car. Well, my car that I use to get to rocket launches and get supplies and so on. :)

A not-often-enough occasion when I've been able to do a car repair myself. A couple of weeks ago, my windshield wipers were not working. I could hear the motor run, but no movement by the wipers. Found a video on Youtube on how to replace the "wiper transmission", which is an odd name for an almost parallelogram type mechanical assembly. The car model in the video was one year newer than mine, and the video showed the whole assembly could be removed after taking off the plastic protective housings But, well…. after removing the wipers, when I took those housings off on my car….. there was no huge wide slot for the whole thing to come out. There were three slots, and each wiper pivot assembly was bolted to the car frame. That really threw me. I figure Hyundai made the change to be faster/cheaper to install on the assembly line than the design used for my car. I had to stop and re-evaluate for a day or two what to do as at first it was not clear to me that it might be possible to do the work by sliding the assembly out of and replacement into one of those smaller slots).
91XXGSq.png

Anyway, finally last week I removed the old wiper transmission assembly. After unbolting everything, it was possible to slide it to thru one of those small openings. I saw it was broken in a manner that I could not fix (see left end of lowermost rod, which used to attach to a ball socket to drive both wipers.
gp8VWUz.jpg

So, I ordered a replacement part.

kk2Z47t.png

Fortunately it was only about $35 with free shipping. It arrived Wednesday. I installed it, and now have functioning front windshield wipers again.

- George Gassaway

Last edited:
Flew my recently built Eggfinder for the first time today, at the Radical Rocketeers January launch. We had a rather low ceiling so my test flights were limited to G80 Skidmark and H152 based flights, but it performed great! Led me to within just a few feet of where the rockets landed. Can't wait to try it on a better day to greater altitudes. :)

Jim Z

Flew my recently built Eggfinder for the first time today, at the Radical Rocketeers January launch. We had a rather low ceiling so my test flights were limited to G80 Skidmark and H152 based flights, but it performed great! Led me to within just a few feet of where the rockets landed. Can't wait to try it on a better day to greater altitudes. :)

Jim Z
Hey I was there! It was funny watching you circle your landed item checking 'accuracy'. I think you were afraid to pick it up, it may explode with the LiPo batteries and all. Just Kidding Bob

Also, opened up my Falcon 9 kit from SpaceX. These guys did a really nice job on this kit, very detailed. I am just wondering about clear coating the body wraps, I get the impression that a couple of good scuffs and my $30 kit not look so good. I think I'll brush on some rattle can clear coat to see if it damages the wrap. I can do a small section under the press-on foam landing legs. No harm, no foul under there and I get four tries! WooHoo

Watched my son get first place in the district science fair junior division (engineering, energy, and transportation category) for his project. He flew a dozen midpower flights collecting data. Next summer he turns twelve and want to do his project on air starts ;-)

1452402506797.jpg

1452402558126.jpg

1452402573728.jpg

Back