What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working on a Rocksim design for a 3" diameter rocket.
Which begs the question, if you have designed it to take a pair of G motors, does that push it into a high power category?

Got all three find on the Screaming Green Meanie. Started filling and sanding the nose cone. Now to decide what colors to use.

Is a Screaming Green Meanie still a Screaming Green Meanie if it's painted something other than green...:confused::confused::confused:

As a Screemin' Green Meenie expert, I would say a SGM could be a Screemin' Anything Meenie.
The more creative the better, but the decal may be a bit confusing if placed on a Screemin' Pink Meenie.

Working on a Rocksim design for a 3" diameter rocket.
Which begs the question, if you have designed it to take a pair of G motors, does that push it into a high power category?

2 G motors, as long as the motors individually are not high power (G138T, G250VM, G339V, various CTI 29-3G and 24-6G motors, among others), are still mid-power.

Got the 27 paper "fins" glued on the bsv... as well as one of the exoskeltal fins (main fins)... its finally coming together

IMAG0109 by beerorkid, on Flickr

I so over wood filled this poor Xarconian, but after sanding and krylon priming the pic flash shows so much.

I got some sanding to do.

2 G motors, as long as the motors individually are not high power (G138T, G250VM, G339V, various CTI 29-3G and 24-6G motors, among others), are still mid-power.

Cool! Thanks! I thought the combined thrust might have changed its status as a mid power.

received my Hobbylinc order of 4 estes 29mm retainers and a pack of Q2G2 ignitors. Took out dremel and worked on the fit of retainer to the Madcow Piranha. Now have to either find my JB weld or get some more tomorrow. Hate it when the gremlins come out and take my crap when I need it!

I epoxied the bulkhead/nosecone shock cord attachment mount deep in the Madcow Squat's truncated nose cone. After the epoxy cured, I drilled four small equally spaced holes through the wall of the nosecone around the perimeter of the bulkhead. I used a countersink to relieve the nosecone material so that the #4 brass wood screws would sink below the surface of the nosecone and mechanically stabilize the bulkhead.

Of course, I spent an hour or so earlier in the day at the local Home Depot buying the #4 brass wood screws, more pink fluorescent paint, ground support equipment, sandpaper, and a tow strap in the event that Ari gets the Firefly Ground Support Vehicle, a converted ambulance, stuck in the mud again at our SARG launch Saturday after next. Yes, the launch has been postponed to Feb 16th due to rain expected tomorrow and/or Friday.

stuck retainer on motor tube for Piranha with JB Weld, Rocketarium 24mm retainer is being shipped today, sent an email to Deb about my Tripoli membership, now have my member#. Will be working on getting centering rings on Piranha tonight.

Made a glass 38mm motor tube and rings for my next rocket. Still don't have a clue what kind of fins I want.

Added the nose weight plus an extra bit and epoxied it into the nosecone of my bsv... also epoxied the nosecone plug and transistion waiting for the glue to cure on the fillets then ill be sanding anu rough areas and filling later... also fixed the fin on the riptide and made an attempt to fix the nose cone of my hi flier xl with some epoxy

Drilled some rail button holes, laid down some primer, and painted the nosecone of a Der Pink Max.

Got the fins on the RMS Nike X and a coat of primer. LOTS of sanding and filling to come- joy.
Nike-X FINS ON IN PRIMER 2-5-13 002.jpg

Yesterday I came back to the board....been away for ages thanks to a few problems.

Yesterday and today I started building my 2nd Thunderbird kit....hoping ot get it right this time by avoiding enamel paints. Its taken about 12 months to get restarted but glad I made the effort.

Zip. Nada. Nothing. Same as I'm going to get done today. Fighting a diverticulitis flare up that has me under the weather.

Added some 1/2" tubular nylon and 1/4" kevlar to the bunny. Found a 44" vented nylon chute that might have come from the estate sale and put it on a swivel attached to the nylon. Weighed my almost complete rocket and sure enough, it was six lbs. Took it outside and painted it:
0104.jpg

Did some painting. Painted a white stripe on the bottom of HyperLoc835. Painted the AVbay band with primer. Put some recently acquired motors away. Need to launch some rockets, running out of room to store them.

Stopped into the local Hobby Town last night and they have expanded their rocket section by a couple feet. I am about ready to get into RMS engines and have been reading up on how to do it. They had a couple RMS reloads for 50% off retail, but I might have to pick those up. Guess they are not selling that well here in town.

Purchased 16 CC Express rockets for the advanced class, and 52 motors for the advanced and basic classes. Now, it just needs to RAIN! After looking at the 90 day outlook, that hope appears rather bleak.

Purchased 16 CC Express rockets for the advanced class, and 52 motors for the advanced and basic classes. Now, it just needs to RAIN! After looking at the 90 day outlook, that hope appears rather bleak.

* maniacle laugh *

That sounds like a fun box to open.

Very cool rocket. The flat black makes it look like an SR71.

Just showed it to a coworker and he said the same. The wife wants to get her lotiony hands on my rocke.. wait that sounds dirty. Trying to say she wants to paint on it badly. She seems to have become a bit obsessed with painting rockets, which is fine by me. I want to keep it mostly flat black, but she mentioned that she just wants to do a bit of detailing around the little parts that stick out to make them more visible. Using some gloss black and some dark silver.

Yesterday I came back to the board....been away for ages thanks to a few problems.

Yesterday and today I started building my 2nd Thunderbird kit....hoping ot get it right this time by avoiding enamel paints. Its taken about 12 months to get restarted but glad I made the effort.

Welcome back! I enjoyed reading your Thunderbird build thread when I first joined TRF. (I think it may even still be in my subscription list.) Are you planning to document the new build?

I bought a DD upgrade kit for my Darkstar Mini today.

This evening, I'm working with my club to help run a build session for something like 80 GATE students (grades 4-12) and their families.

Back