What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was yesterday, not today, but I flew Starover twice, F42 then G54, at Music City Missile Club's new field. Split a fin slightly on landing the second time, but easily repairable. Also helped a bunch of kids build and fly Alpha rockets, and burnt hot dogs on the grill.

Best -- Terry

Studied instruction manuals for different dual deploy altimeters. Planning on redundant dual deploy setup for L2, 54mm MD project.

Started uploading a bunch of launches me and my boys have done. This one is my favorite. Their reaction is part of why I love this hobby.

Just purchased the boy scouts space exploration rocket. I'm going to try and upscale it x3. Should be an interesting build

So BT 50 tranditioning to BT20. Please post a Open Rocket gile if you can btw the Estes kit number is 1710 for that rocket.
I'm on the road for another week. Open rocket dosen't work on mobile. I'll look for it on my PC when I get home.

Too many rockets need primer and paint.
I've put off working on rockets until paint season.
Can't see making more rockets that can't get finished.
So I'm doing knife restorations and customizations until paint weather comes back.
bts, we are in the midst of our first big Alberta Clipper of 2019.
No school today, already closed again tomorrow.
Sub zero temps (F) wigh 15 to 20 mph winds.
Blowing and drifting snow after the snow stops.
I predict no school on Wednesday either, we'll see.

Ordered a Badger Airbrush, and a regulator to use it with the air-tool compressor. Tired of rattle cans.

After CATOing a couple of E-12s at the last launch I bought some E-16s on the Hobby Lobby 40% off coupon.

"Cause I don't learn good.

Noted. But since I've had TWO catos of E16s two weekends in a row, I'll be avoiding them for a long time. Just speaking from personal experience. Cheers.

Noted. But since I've had TWO catos of E16s two weekends in a row, I'll be avoiding them for a long time. Just speaking from personal experience. Cheers.

Two CATOs in a row tends to sour the whole motor for me too. I don't know how to convince myself that once a motor is suspect, another batch of the same motor is ok. I've started to take the first motor out of every package, put it in a "disposable" rocket, and use that as a verification of the motor package, but even that isn't a great solution.

Back