What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's wonderful! The design file might go well in the 3D forum. Especially if 'sort of' easy to change for different boards, like the EggTimer Quantum... hint hint... Is that the Missile Works screw switch? Anyway... thanks for sharing! BTW: How is it mounted? Bubble wrap in the payload bay... LOL Been there, done that! While picking your brain, what did you use for charges? Thank you!
There is a hole running through the sled so it can slide over a threaded rod. The two screws that secure the battery clasp are also just the right length so that when fully tightened the ends press up against the side of the threaded rod effectively clamping the sled in place. Yes, Missile Works screw switch. It would be easy enough to modify the design for other altimeters assuming they have a small enough footprint. I'll try to remember to share the design file. I've been thinking of putting up this and other designs I've made on Thingiverse/Printables.

Attachments

• IMG_2183.jpeg
    IMG_2183.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
There is a hole running through the sled so it can slide over a threaded rod. The two screws that secure the battery clasp are also just the right length so that when fully tightened the ends press up against the side of the threaded rod effectively clamping the sled in place. Yes, Missile Works screw switch. It would be easy enough to modify the design for other altimeters assuming they have a small enough footprint. I'll try to remember to share the design file. I've been thinking of putting up this and other designs I've made on Thingiverse/Printables.
Wonderful work!!!
:clapping: :goodjob:

took a picture of one of my favorite color schemes and got it in my imgur account:
G3yAFtt.jpg

Tested the flash chip on my electronics prototype & it worked perfectly. That's the last test before doing some changes to the PCB and ordering prototype round #2.

That's awesome. Should be interesting to get altitude data from the flight.

I wonder how it would compare to an Open Rocket simulation, using a diameter that equals the average of the flat to flat and corner to corner and a conical nose cone?

It's Hip 2B Square.
Need to make sure to play this over the PA whenever you launch it.

That's awesome. Should be interesting to get altitude data from the flight.

I wonder how it would compare to an Open Rocket simulation, using a diameter that equals the average of the flat to flat and corner to corner and a conical nose cone?

It's Hip 2B Square.
I second the conical nose cone, but I'd suggest using a diameter that gives an equivalent frontal area for the first cut. Though it would be interesting to get altitude data and see what gives a closer simulation. Your way gives a diameter of 1.207 x side length, and mine gives 1.128 x side length.

I actually thought about rocketry today! In doing so, I "scorch Earthed" myself when I saw today's current APCP reload prices (Aerotech & Loki)... Holy Moly!

Nonetheless, I pulled out my DX3 massive and started sanding her down to get the components to fit a bit better (couplers are a tight fit).

Also emailed Thomas Sanders of Contrail Rockets for the possibity of some 54mm hardware acquisition.

Version 4 of the Brocket wrap off to the printers for checking. Version 3 of the instructions being re-written. Bindi instructions being proofread.

Some good sales overnight on fleabay. Inventory shows less than 100 kits in stock for the first time this year. It's been a bad year for pretty much everything.

Looked at a few vintage rocket/boost gliders in the collection and thought about selling a few. Laughed a lot and put them away again.

Thought about selling the Edmonds CiCi Stage 2, but the money I'd want for it is ridiculous, so back in the collection it goes. #notahoarder

Is the carbon fiber tube reusable? I suppose that would require stress testing fired tubes like you tested them originally. Very cool!
The closures are glued in, so nope. Fortunately, the raw inputs for filament winding are cheap compared to commercial tubes, so this was still way cheaper than a commercial K motor, even throwing the hardware away.

wife bought me an Estes fin alignment jig. 1/2 way through setting it up I put it back in the package.👎

Sorry about that. I was cleaning my work table and found mine under a box of Estes tubes. When I bought it, I tried using it, twice. I threw it in the trash when I cleaned my table. I should have tossed it years ago, but throwing out a brand new thing, unused is a little sad.

I've seen pictures of it being used, so it must be good for something. I just couldn't do anything with it.

Base prices for the DMS motors on Aerotech site are about the same. Higher shipping costs are the issue.
And the exchange rate has gone from about 1.20 to 1.60 AUD to the USD in the last year and a half.

It's Hip 2B Square.
Gee, I thought it was hip 2B soft. (Sorry)

I also picked up a very old Estes kit that I cannot wait to build.....the Estes Magician #1943. I scored a... brand new Wizard kit.
I sense a drag race.

Lotus Micro on a CTI F79 Smokey Sam. Nice straight flight with good altitude.
View attachment 546897
Love tha smoke ring!

I took my "Possum Express"...
For a moment I read that as "Potassium Express". I expect that says something about me, but please don't tell me what.

I have my dad's Magician and we were going to race old versus new Magician, but now we could do new vs new and another old vs old.

Latest posts

Back