Well This Just Sucks...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
had to leave before it rebooted

if I don't get this working I don't know how long I can keep going on here.

no tv, no radio, limited access to the internet, a barely functional knowledge of the language, 1rocket, 3 partial rockets, no glue, no money.

the suck of my situation is approaching total vacuum.

Last edited:
restarted ..
now seeing "automatic repair " messages.
Call or take it to a colleague of mine to fix it :) to me is a little far: :) Microsoft just take care not to stay unemployed, she is a very sweet and pleasant company :)

Call or take it to a colleague of mine to fix it :) to me is a little far: :) Microsoft just take care not to stay unemployed, she is a very sweet and pleasant company :)

I'm still in China.

The computer is booting to the desktop. tries to load Skype and WiTopia (my vpn) then freezes. they're automatically started when the computer boots up.

Last edited:
Ok... I'm back online. However, the VPN is still toast, and Google Chrome (my preference over MS Edge) isn't working either. At this time, this means no Google, No YouTube, no Facebook, no Gmail, and I'm stuck with the Chinese version of Bing.

I need to get a better paying job... I need to keep this computer running until I can.

short lived connection... now Google Chrome is opening, but edge has stopped . chrome is freezing though

Walmart ACER laptop Windows 8 - $285
Walmart The IDENTICAL ACER laptop Win 7 - $600 only 1 left and they won't lower the price! Hmm somebody here has got their brain plugged in.

So like an idiot - I bought win 8 and loathe it. After repeated cleans, viruses, adware and malware I've only used it a handful of times. My computer guy says update to Win 10. Glad I ready his, you're fired

Sry to hear of your troubles Jim but thanks for sharing

got an error message... computer rebooted on it's own. now I've got disk error messages.

computer is scanning and repairing drive.

oh... now it's restarting after diagnosing drive.

this problem started 12 hours ago... I'm pretty passed about this whole thing.

finally anae to et te oter acine up an runnin ... but everal key are now alfunctionin O... fun...

abc ef ijkl nopqr tuvwxyz
no caplock
ABC EF IJKL NOPQR TUVWXYZ
1234567890-=[]

upate acine i now tuck at te loin pae... can't type te pawor.

For Unuual Conition Keepin E1

I it ave to buy a new keyboar an tat ay olve ti proble.

Last edited:
Oh, man. I am so sorry. But I hope you have a good sense of humor. (Cause I'm giggling over here... :tongue:)

lots of "Not Responding" messages

With Windows 10, MicroSoft uses your computer to update other computers. This process can grind your computer to a halt.
Google "Windows 10" "Peer-to-peer updates"

You'll find sites instructing you how to turn it off.

It fixed my W10 problems... so far.

With Windows 10, MicroSoft uses your computer to update other computers. This process can grind your computer to a halt.
Google "Windows 10" "Peer-to-peer updates"

You'll find sites instructing you how to turn it off.

It fixed my W10 problems... so far.

Absolutely do this. I use System Mechanic. It works well. It provides options in locking down Win10 so you don't have a lot of these problems. Yes, you can go through and browse all the various switches and their locations (note, not all in Control Panel BTW) yourself, but for $25/yr, why?

Oh, man. I am so sorry. But I hope you have a good sense of humor. (Cause I'm giggling over here... :tongue:)

If I can't et ti to work, I on't ee ow I can contine to live an work ere in cina.

I ave no option available for e at oe tat I can tink of.

Liite counication wit y faily, frien, job earcin. No oney.

y uor i wearin very tin rit now.

Absolutely do this. I use System Mechanic. It works well. It provides options in locking down Win10 so you don't have a lot of these problems. Yes, you can go through and browse all the various switches and their locations (note, not all in Control Panel BTW) yourself, but for $25/yr, why?

No cance... te acine in't able to boot to te ektop. I tink it' a writeoff until I can et it back to Aerica.

Now it' repairin ik error aain... "ti ay take over an or"

You're cutting out there Jim!!! Dammit man!

14827599.jpg

That's what I was going to suggest. Turn on, mash escape/f1/f12 some combination before POST, and hit "boot to safe mode".

I wonder if your hard drive is failing. Corrupted files can do weird stuff to your system.

Just book passage back to the US and leave China. Contract just about up isn't it?

Seriously, if your hard drive is failing the worst thing you can do is to keep using the drive other than to make sure you have your data backed up to an external drive of some form. You are risking loss of your data if that is the case. Might have nothing to do with Microsoft at all- could be a hardware issue.

Computers are transient- data is the main thing.

I only do computer support/network for a living.

the main computer is now unable to boot up, I can't restore, or reset. until I get a disk to boot from, that computer is not able to do anything but collect dust.

Last edited:
the main computer is now unable to boot up, I can't restore, or reset. until I get a disk to boot from, that computer is not able to do anything but collect dust.

You could try a Live CD. Do you have access to a DVD burner or a USB stick that you could burn an ISO to? A Live CD/USB at least gets you into a fully functioning OS so that you can back up data if possible. Aslo scan/repartition/reformat if need be. Or you could just keep using it.

In fact, I just used this method last night. I have one computer with 4 drives, 2 are going bad. Both the bad drives had my OSes on them. I booted off an Ubuntu Live CD, ran GParted to back up what I could and prepared one good drive for a new OS install.

Back