Welcome Back Nick!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveyfire

Piled Higher and Deeper
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
How'd it go in boot camp? Didja like some of the postcards the TRFers sent you? Give us the real deal here, none of this watered-down stuff you send to Jim Flis... :D

Hey, thanks man. It's good to be back.

Boot camp was kind of a joke. Your success in boot camp is entirely dependent on how well you fold and iron your underwear. Yes, that's right, I said iron. The PT (Physical Training) was a piece of cake. Except for one day. We did a 15 minute group warmup run, followed by some stretches. Then we started a 15 minute self paced run. After 20 minutes, we were still running. 25 minutes, still running. 30 minutes, 35 minutes, 40 minutes, you guessed it, still running. We ran for 47 minutes after the 15 minute group run. That kind of sucked. Other than that it was pretty easy.

Now I am at my tech school and it's pretty cool. I get on base liberty every weekday from 1700 to 2145. On weekends I get off base liberty until 2145. There is a ton of stuff to do on base.

Right now it kind of sucks. The only electronic equipment I can have in my barracks is an iron and an alarm clock. I also have to be in uniform at all times. After two weeks, I can get whatever electronic thing I want and I can wear my civilian clothes as well. I am going to get a laptop when I am allowed to.

Back