Vintage Estes Blue Star Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCIGS30

Reaction score
I am stuck building in a small space on my TV dinner tray so I decided to build my Estes Blue Star, nice little rocket. You can see the picture of her bigger brother that came out at the same time.

DSC_0094 (1024x681).jpg

DSC_0096 (1024x681).jpg

The Blue Star oWas my first rocket ever! I built a clone about a year ago from a Wizard kit cutting new fins and printing the decals. It came out pretty decent!

Build was straight forward, I have been busy at work so building has slowed done. I am back to using old formula Krylon, they did just change it to Acryli-Quik but it is the same stuff and they don't plan on discontinuing it. After using Rustoleum the last couple of years I forgot how wonderful old Krylon is. I am speeding up my builds and this really helps with no re coat window. I brushed on 4 coats of balsa sealer and shot the Glossy white with no primer.

DSC_0049 (1280x851).jpg

DSC_0050 (1280x851).jpg

Those fins left "in the square" really give that a neat vintage-y flavor. Very nice - sometimes it's a real pick-me-up to build a small, simple model well.

Back