• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Estes Star Wars kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antares JS

Professional Amateur
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter and I watched Star Wars together for the first time a few months ago and she became obsessed with Darth Vader. I made the mistake (?) of telling her that Estes used to make Star Wars rockets, and she got all excited about it.

So as an activity for the two of us to do together, I am hoping someone has an unbuilt Estes Darth Vader's TIE Fighter they can part with. I also might be interested in other Star Wars kits, depending on which kit and the price.

...and not a crazy shipping price, too.

I have this that I got off eBay years ago when I was in a frenzy of collecting old GSE (there was a Star Wars Electron Beam) that I would likely let go for little more than the cost of shipping it:

IMG_8433.JPEG

I suppose to be fully compliant I'd have to pull the six motors out of it (three B6-2s and three C6-3s) before shipping it. It seems back then Estes called it a "launch set" even though it contained motors. Nowadays that term means a pad/controller/kit(s) without motors and "starter set" means motors are included....FWIW

added: looking inside this I find a black Electron Beam but NOT one with the Star Wars logos, and the parachute doesn't look to be anything special, despite what it says on the box. The kit does seem complete, though.

Last edited:
...and not a crazy shipping price, too.

I have this that I got off eBay years ago when I was in a frenzy of collecting old GSE (there was a Star Wars Electron Beam) that I would likely let go for little more than the cost of shipping it:

View attachment 631950

I suppose to be fully compliant I'd have to pull the six motors out of it (three B6-2s and three C6-3s) before shipping it. It seems back then Estes called it a "launch set" even though it contained motors. Nowadays that term means a pad/controller/kit(s) without motors and "starter set" means motors are included....FWIW

added: looking inside this I find a black Electron Beam but NOT one with the Star Wars logos, and the parachute doesn't look to be anything special, despite what it says on the box. The kit does seem complete, though.
I'm not really interested in RTF models, but thank you.

Latest posts

Back