Vintage Boost Gliders: Identification Help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Mruzek

Reaction score
Hello, I am a new member. I recently purchased a lot of vintage model rockets on EBAY which contains 3 really interesting boost gliders. I have not been able to identify two of the boost gliders. The rocket on the far right is an Estes Falcon. Can anyone identify the other two? I am hoping to find the kit instructions before attempting to fly them. Thank You. Michael

Attachments

• gliders.jpg
    gliders.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 154
The bi-wing glider is also similar to the Squirrel Works Red Baron (small), which is a pretty good flyer. (I have not had as good luck with the Mega Red Baron, but others on TRF have done well.) Perhaps, the Estes Flying Jenny was the inspiration for the Red Baron. Squirrel Works lists the motors for the Red Baron.

https://www.squirrel-works.com/glider.html

Thank you! I would have never figured that out doing image searches. The builder of this model rocket lot labeled his work with "NAR 5027". He also kept flight records for many of the the other vintage rockets. It's been a real joy to sort through the collection.

Back