Replacement part for vintage model rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dissonance

Reaction score
Hello! I'm building a vintage model rocket I got from eBay. I need a replacement part. I am looking for a straight piece of 1/32" steel wire. As I search for wire, I find wound wire. Is there a place I can purchase straight wire? Thanks!

What model?

My first thought is to seek out the K&S metals rack at Hobby Lobby or your local Ace Hardware store if you don't have a proper hobby shop nearby. These days you may have to buy several 3-foot pieces of 1/32 music wire in a bundle, but you'll have a long term supply that way.

Thank you all, this was very helpful. I was able to order what I need. To answer your questions, no, there is no local hobby store where I live and the model is the Estes Thor Agena B.

Thank you all, this was very helpful. I was able to order what I need. To answer your questions, no, there is no local hobby store where I live and the model is the Estes Thor Agena B.
When you need something odd and money is no object, McMaster Carr is the place to go. It is the Mechanical Engineers equivalent to EE's Mouser or Digi-Key

Astrobuf

Back