• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

URRF II - Who's flying what?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MuaHAHAHHA

Considering an I200W in a mini eagle claw, I've got a new idea for retention. Depends on if I can fit the tracker in the av-bay.
If not that maybe I'll punch the Vulcanite with a J500 to break mach/mile finally.

Of course...I did just get in all the parts to build a Super Quick and Dirty with two 38mm mounts....

Speaking of Ks. ... My wildman came in today. If the build goes well it may see a K1100T for URRF

One of my first scratch built rockets was mini version your knob I was even going to paint it the same color.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Rocketry Forum mobile app

I didn't even think anyone even knew what 'Knob' referred to anymore. That was a long time ago! ;)

Is this a knob?

Redline.jpg

How about this?

skidmarkdragrace.jpg

Ok, if your going to fly Rich then somebody better fill out a BFR form and a Featured Flight!
Knobs Revenge gets Revenge on the Knob...... I really need to take my meds!

If the build gods smile and this cold weather finally snaps, I will bring a 1/2 scale Nike Ajax. 75mm Booster to a 54mm Sustainer.

I cant wait to see you fly that Nike ajax get it done pronto. If the flight is good we will sip a little Knob Creek at the camp site that night. That's the knob I am talking about.

Want to take another crack at a three stage flight. Last year the upper didn't lite. You guys can make it a lot easier for me if you got a taller step ladder- 8ft would be good, 10ft would be better. Also will fly a couple two stagers, thinking an L-to-L.

Hi Fred,
Looking to forward to seeing you at URRF and seeing your successful three stage rocket!!!

I'm undecided but sorely tempted to try an experiment I've wanted to do for a while. The people I'm traveling with will be mostly burning fairly fast burn motors. I'm considering going the other direction, approximately a baby O1940. That'll be around a 16 second burn, with an 85 pound rocket - a long slow ride. An EX case bonded 114mm moonburner with a slow burn propellant, at Kn over 400 to maintain a normal pressure range for most of the burn. Making it work would be a good challange.

I was going to do an insane fast burn 6 motor clustered booster staging to an O but honestly I'm not sure I can afford the time or expense to do it right now.

Anyway those are the main options I'm considering.

If I don't free up some time I'll just be spectating.

Gerald

Just finished 3 rockets for URRF. They just need some sanding and some paint.

38mm motor x 3 inch-to-4 inch
54mm motor x 4 inch
75mm motor x 5.38 inch

Now it's time to build surfboards for the summer and fall.

Ok, I'm registered to go so I better come up with something too fly.

I'm bringing my 4" JART (heard there's a drag race for this :clap:), the 2-stage Shape Shifter Jr, the G3, and if I get it done in time, the 2-stage 3" Competitor. I'll probably throw the Vindicator into the mix too.

I'm really looking forward to URRF. This will be fun

The BFR manager had a bad weekend at RG16, I would fill one out if i were you :y:

That looked unfortunate. Did the apogee charges blow when it arced over and before number two and three came up to pressure?

Back