EVENT URRF 9 June 9, 10 & 11 2023 Potter NY Registration is open.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry W

URRG Pres & Prefect
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Team, URRGs Big annual Event URRF Upstate Research Rocketry Festival is going to be really fun this year. We are setting the field up like we did for past LDRSs and that really makes for smooth operations. As always, we will be having great on field food and Rocketry vendors with some nice on field raffle prizes, The raffle prizes will be announced as we get closer.

This URRF we added a Saturday night Dinner event at the Potter Fire Hall a mile down the road. We'll have a 50/50 Draw and some other raffle prizes there as well. Grab tickets early for the dinner event as its limited to 80 persons,

Running and staffing an event like this takes many volunteers. To thank those that step up we are doing a special raffle only for those that work a shift. That raffle looks like this.
1st prize $ 300 Dollars
2nd prize $100 Dollars
3rd 4th 5th and 6th prize $ 50 dollars each.
There are only 185 tickets one per shift so the odds are good. We make the shifts fun and with 15 different positions there's a spot for anyone to help out in any capacity.

Come join the fun and feel the URRG.

Low power pad manager positions offer a great selection of rockets to see and help with. There are only 11 spots left so sign up early.

I just registered for URRF, but can't get to the volunteer page or the BRF page without being a member. I'f I'm only attending URRF, do I need to be a URRG member to volunteer and submit a BFR?

-Rich

I just registered for URRF, but can't get to the volunteer page or the BRF page without being a member. I'f I'm only attending URRF, do I need to be a URRG member to volunteer and submit a BFR?

-Rich
I think by “members” it also refers to your URRG account on their site.
If you successfully registered for URRF, you should have an online account already.
I believe it’s required to register anyways…
Make sure your logged in and try it again.
Hopefully that helps

I wasn't prompted to create an account, and when I type either of the 2 email addresses I use to reset my password it says "Could not match your email address and first name to the membership database"

Last edited:
Interesting.
Contact them via email or reach out to @Larry W .
if you are a club member that registered on the new website, this year. you can login to register.

if you are not a club member, just click on register urrf, and then fill in your info at the bottom of the page.

-Rich
Rich-

You should be able to volunteer without being a member.

Just click on the volunteer "hand" on the right side of the the position you want to volunteer for. If you have a problem, - PM me and I will get you in the right slot

Steve

Man is this URRF working out to be a smokin launch..
The raffle prizes are just gorgeous..
The manufacturers and vendors in rocketry are just so generous..
The food at the last 3 URRF's have been some of the best food at a rocketry event I've ever seen..
Last year they brought a smoker right to the field and put baby backs in it the night before..
The flights are some of the craziest to go up on the east coast..
If you know anyone who has any interest at all in seeing what a rocket event is like this is the event to come out and see..

We're all just so excited for this URRF..

URRF never disappoints, but this one is going to be special..

Teddy

Teddy's so right the food is crazy good. Really looking forward to URRF this year. Finger lakes region is a sought after destination in the summer so id get your reservations in as soon as possible. If your planning of camping you might have more options. hope to see you all were getting close.

Man is this URRF working out to be a smokin launch..
The raffle prizes are just gorgeous..
The manufacturers and vendors in rocketry are just so generous..
The food at the last 3 URRF's have been some of the best food at a rocketry event I've ever seen..
Last year they brought a smoker right to the field and put baby backs in it the night before..
The flights are some of the craziest to go up on the east coast..
If you know anyone who has any interest at all in seeing what a rocket event is like this is the event to come out and see..

We're all just so excited for this URRF..

URRF never disappoints, but this one is going to be special..

Teddy
Teddy is 100% dead on.

This is a great event to attend. Anyone "thinking" they might go should just do it.

We had a great time last year. The club is great, field is great, the fliers were all great and the vendors and food were awesome.

We hope to make the trip back out there in the future.... Maybe for an LDRS? nudge nudge wink wink

Just signed up - thanks for the reminder. First time getting back to this launch since 2019. Now I got to find a place to stay, we sold our trailer so camping is out.

cheers - mark

Hello All.

31 Days until URRF 9, time flys.... We hope you are as excited as we are.
Just a reminder that:

URRF 9 will be held Friday June 9 - Sunday June 11, 2023

URRF 9 Online Registration will close on May 28, 2023.

The URRF 9 swag store will close on May 19th 2023
, if you have not ordered your t-shirts, raffle tickets or banquet tickets please do, we can not guarantee on field availability.

Get your banquet tickets.

If you have not signed up for a volunteer shift please do.

Check out the raffle prizes from
Aerotech Rocketry
EggTimer
FlisKits
Fruitychutes
Jollylogic
Locprecision
Mac Performance Rocketry
Madcow Rocketry
ONEBADHAWK
Performance Hobbies
Top Flight Recovery
Wildman Rocketry

Check out the BFR flights WOW!!!!

The BBQ shack will be on site again this year.

Any questions please don't hesitate to reach out !!!!

See you on the field
Fly Safe

Morgan

We’ve done this in the past where we just come up the day of the launch and pay at the field opposed to paying in advance on the website.

Can we still do that this year too?

*******REMINDER **********
The URRF 9 Swag store will close on Friday May 19th.
Get your T-shirts, raffle tickets and Banquet tickets.
We will have limited on field availability of T-shirts and banquet tickets.

*******REMINDER **********
The URRF 9 Swag store will close on Friday May 19th.
Get your T-shirts, raffle tickets and Banquet tickets.
We will have limited on field availability of T-shirts and banquet tickets.

Today is the 19th. Get Your order in. URRF 9 is around the corner.

I just can't believe URRF is just around the corner.
Where does the time go.
Everyone that knows about this event is so excited..
This is going to be one for for the record books..
This is THE launch of the year on the east coast of this continent..
If you know of any young people seeing a launch like this one is turning out to be can be a "Y" in the road of life.
The flights already booked are just unbelievable, and most don't register big flights until they get closer to launch date ( verify all is coming together ).

The food vendor at this launch serves some of the best food at a launch I've ever seen.
The area is the "Finger Lakes" wine country, spectacularly beautiful..
This is one of those launches that you see friends you haven't seen since last URRF..

Come fly, eat and laugh with us..
It's setting up to be a weekend to remember always..

Teddy

Taken from an URRG Member Facebook Post -

I know folks are looking forward to URRF this year, especially with the planned launch of a full scale missile - the Patriot that Dan Michael has built.
While his will not intercept and take out fighter jets, his is based on the US Patriot missile:
"The MIM-104 Patriot is a surface-to-air missile (SAM) system, the primary system used by the United States Army and several allied states. It is manufactured by the U.S. defense contractor Raytheon and derives its name from the radar component of the weapon system. The AN/MPQ-53 at the heart of the system is known as the "Phased Array Tracking Radar to Intercept on Target",[5] which is a backronym for "Patriot".
For those new to rocketry, this will be the largest, highest impulse rocket launched in the Northeastern US in years!
With its central O motor (O5500X), and surrounding four N cluster of motors (N2000WL), to coin a phrase from a movie some of you may know, "stand back as this baby really packs a punch!"
Bottom line, fliers and spectators alike should bring their cameras, and videocameras to capture this rocket's launch and recovery.
The Patriot is tentatively planned to be launched Saturday June 10th early in the day, dependent on weather, so stay tuned to the URRG FaceBook group page, or the URRG website to get the latest updates:
https://urrg.us/content.aspx?page_id=0&club_id=453409
That link takes you to the home page of the URRG website. Click on the URRF Registration/information button there for details. Once there you will find a link labelled BFR and Featured flights to show you the Patriot and some of the other larger rockets that will be flown that weekend.
Trust me, this is one rocket you will NOT want to miss fly! Be sure to bring your family to witness this one time launch event!

WOW!!!! URRF 9
Have you looked at the BFR flights for URRF?
I know that we are all super excited to see Dan's Patriot fly, but I have to say the other BFR's look super cool as well.

Last one for this morning.
URRF 9 June 9-11th
urrg.us
17 days and counting

Just a couple quick highlights

Crazy Cool BFR flights
Amazing Food
Raffle prizes
Banquet
The Rocketry Show
Vendors
This will be one to remember, come to watch, come to fly, come to volunteer

I am intending to go but it looks like I missed the advance registration. That's OK, I don't mind paying in person.. however... is it too late to submit details for a "BFR" rocket? Also, are unistrut buttons compatible with the launch equipment there?

Hi.
It's never too late.
You can still register your BFR. If you follow the links to register, you will not be able to register yourself but can submit your BFR.
Yes our launch equipment is compatible. We look forward to seeing you there.

10 DAYS TILL URRF 9!!!!!!!
Is anyone as excited as I am.
Here is some info.

URRF 9 will be held Friday June 9 - Sunday June 11, 2023
YES you can register on the field for the weekend or just a day.

Check out the raffle prizes from
Aerotech Rocketry
EggTimer
FlisKits
Fruitychutes
Jollylogic
Locprecision
Mac Performance Rocketry
Madcow Rocketry
ONEBADHAWK
Performance Hobbies
Top Flight Recovery
Wildman Rocketry

Check out the BFR flights WOW!!!!

The BBQ shack will be on site again this year.

Any questions please don't hesitate to reach out !!!!

See you on the field
Fly Safe

Morgan

Morgan Your the Queen of the Rocket Scene. You start early leave late you make sure all rockets get to fly really high,
your on the Mic 24 -7.
This URRF will be really good a lot of energy coming together.
Iam so looking to see the group were going to have a really good time.

Back