Tri-Cities Rocketeers aka TCR 2016 Launch Schedule

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rharshberger

Reaction score
Hello all here is our planned launch schedule for 2016

January (Flex)
February (Flex)
March 12
April 9
May (Flex)
June 17-19
July 16
August 13
September 17-18
October 15
November 12
December (Flex)

Come fly with us at the sod farm, motors up to L-impulse and waiver to 10,000' AGL. We currently have 12 LPR, 4 MPR, 2 HPR pads, Makerbeam 6' 10mm micro rails, and 1010 rails. 1515 rails are planned for 2016 season iirc. Currently we do not charge launch fees but we do accept donations as that is where we get our GSE from, please come fly with us in Eastern Washington, our launch site is a awesome location on a local sod farm.

Read more: https://tricitiesrocketeers.freefor...rocketeers-2016-launch-schedule#ixzz3tP5ur8XG

Last edited:
None of us really bite, at least not very hard:D.

Additional bonuses are few/no trees along the path of the prevailing winds, very few water hazards. However we did have one flier almost put a rocket into the only swimming pool within miles....and the rocket was saved by a...TREE!

Here's the coordinates for Google Earth, the launch site is just on the northern edge of the circle, winds are usually coming from the southwest or the northwest so we rarely have to contend with the trees around the house just East of the launch site (area with lots of pallets between ag circles of sod. And the canal is west across the other ag-circle it really rare someone puts a rocket in the canal since the prevailing winds rarely blow that direction, the only other water hazard is the pool for the house east of the launch site. During the warmer months we do have to stop launch ops for short periods as the neighbor to the southwest of us is a crop duster and regularly overflies our launch site (usually 5 minutes as he lands and 5 mins as he takes off about 10 mins after landing). Our hosts/landowners are very supportive of local hobbyists, and we try and maintain a good working relationship with them. Our range rules are fairly simple and can be viewed on our website which is linked in my signature line.
46°24'20.4"N 119°00'58.4"W

Last edited:
I assume that Tripoli certification is acceptable? Is the December 26th launch for this year still a go?

I assume that Tripoli certification is acceptable? Is the December 26th launch for this year still a go?

At this time the Dec 26th launch is still a go afaik , however I believe it is FAR 101 due to the historically lower turnout of our Day after Christmas launch. I would need to double check that it is FAR 101 as that is not listed on the website (email has been sent to the club president for clarification). Tripoli is always acceptable, as we are a NAR section we cannot allow EX motors, this may also be part of the agreement with the property owners.

https://www.tricitiesrocketeers.org/tcr-range-rules.html

Last edited:
Just checked with the club leadership about the December 26th,2015 launch, its is planned to be FAR 101 due the the fact that every launch the club has held so far at this time of year has been fairly low clouds or light fog.

Thanks for letting me know. I don't have anything that small to fly right now. The weather over the Blue Mountains is usually pretty iffy this time of year anyway. I keep intending to get to one of your launches but somehow I never seem to get there.

Our next scheduled HPR launch is going to be March, however the flex dates could be used weather permitting.

Just checked with the club leadership about the December 26th,2015 launch, its is planned to be FAR 101 due the the fact that every launch the club has held so far at this time of year has been fairly low clouds or light fog.

Due to farting raindeer no doubt :impatient:

Thanks for the coordinates.
Can you see Mt. Hood?
That's where my son lives and where I'll be visiting.
Try and coordinate with a launch date sometime.

Due to farting raindeer no doubt :impatient:

Thanks for the coordinates.
Can you see Mt. Hood?
That's where my son lives and where I'll be visiting.
Try and coordinate with a launch date sometime.

From about 15 miles south of Kennewick, WA near the Columbia River, Mt Hood is visible, Mt.Rainier is visible to me at work most days. If your son lives in the area of Hood River its about 2.75 hrs from Hood River to our launch site (which is about 10 minutes north of Pasco, WA). You are welcome to come launch anytime.

I have to make it out there sometime.
My son says it's breath taking.
He's getting into climbing. I'm too old for that but I'll take in the sights.
The drive from Michigan might be pushing the "worth it" LOL.
I'd love to take the train out there. I'm afraid to fly. Go figure.
My Ranger has 340k+ miles, don't want to trust it going that far.
Hope to visit soon.

Back